Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! New over here :D

So my family recently got a 2010 Forte EX 2.0L with 110k miles, everything on it works and it's in pretty good condition, but it's got this weird issue, it has happened twice already:

Say that you arrive from driving it for a while, park it turn off the engine and close the car, everything's completely off, suddenly maybe a minute later it starts the engine by itself, the starter motor is NOT stuck running, the car starts normally as if you were turning the key until it starts, and the headlights turn on aswell, the car stays locked and you can unlock it as normal, insert the key and open the switch and nothing different happens, you can even run the starter while the engine is idling, and turning the key off again and taking it out doesn't make any difference aswell as the engine would keep on running normally, you could technically drive the car like this, the dash lights up and everything is working on it while the engine is running. Give it a few minutes and it will turn off by itself...

This is the first time I've seen a car doing this, that's why I'm completely baffled about it...

No, the car doesn't have remote start, so IDK what it could be..

My English may not be very good but you can be as detailed as you want, and I'm quite a DIY so I can get hands on with it, have done it before so many times with other cars, no problem about it

Hope you can help me with this, and Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Never had that issue, but my 2010 Forte EX occasionally turns on the lights by itself. I park in my garage, and everything is off. I go to the garage the next morning, and the tail lights, front marker lights, and dash lights are on. As soon as I open the door, all the lights go off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts