Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these bulbs replaceable? or do you have to replace the whole entire cluster? My dash is starting to go brown

·
Super Moderator
336 Posts
Couldn't find a lot of info on this, well actually nothing concrete. Some peeps think it's LEDs soldered onto the circuit board. So while it's still possible to replace them, it's not as simple as replacing a bulb. It would also explain why Kia says the whole cluster needs to be replaced when one of them burns out.

All the pics I found of the cluster show a black plastic cover on the back, unfortunately hiding the circuit board.

If you ever decide to take it out and check, I'd be very interested in knowing!

·
Super Moderator
336 Posts
And for those who don't feel like looking for it (I sure didn't :D) here it is (nice thread btw!):

·
Registered
502 Posts

These are the tiny pinky nail sized LEDs. Took my cluster gauge off.

The absolute nerve racking heart racing was removing the delicate crystal clear guage needles without breaking, cracking maring & scratching them. The 3 gauge needles each have 2 brass counter weights installed. It's paramount that they're not lose or bent or damaged. The gauges will not operate & function correctly & as manufactured.

The glass crystal display screen is extremely delicate & should be handled as such. One crack or chip anywhere you're screwed. Also dont bent the contact pins that go into the circuit board.

·
Registered
502 Posts

I've checked & verified that my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L cluster gauge assembly can have it's LED's desoldered/replaced & or changed to different color/s or just repaired.

If your cluster gauge assembly looks exactly like mine disassembly & reassembly is the same.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm not responsible for you damaging your very expensive several hundred dollars cluster gauge assembly. Don't attempt to repair, fix, mod if you're not familiar with electronics/circuit boards repairs.

The OEM/factory cluster gauge is very delicate & very expensive. Proceed at your own risk & peril.

I've made threads on this subject:
Forte audio, video & electronics.
Kia Forte lighting.
Do it yourself articles.

Please have them permanent sticky threads.

·
Registered
502 Posts
And for those who don't feel like looking for it (I sure didn't :D) here it is (nice thread btw!):
Acura_Kal, I did a full in dept & detailed disassembly of my cluster guage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts