Kia Forte Forum banner

2010 Forte Koup headlight issues

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Casey347 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I haven't had any issues with my Koup and never really hopped on here before. However, I had a headlight crap out on me on the passenger side. I checked the bulb and it was blown. No bigs, swap it out. So I swap out the bulb and everything is good. Then a couple days later the bulb starts to flicker and finally goes out. I could tap on the headlight housing and the bulb would flicker. Now it is completely off. No life from it at all. I unplugged everything and plugged it back in and still nothing. I plug the bulb in to the driver side and everything is good. So I check the fuses and all fuses are good.

Not sure what the pin out is on the plug that connects to the headlight housing and what the voltages should be. Not sure if the issue with the wiring in the headlight housing or in the harness.

Is there a diagram for the headlights showing pin out and voltages by chance? I have been looking and I cannot find the info I am looking for anywhere.

All help is greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
I've had the same on driver side. I found the contacts become loose/open up due to the heat. The plastic housing eventually becomes brittle therefore not securing the contacts.

You can remove the headlight housings & check/follow the length of the wire & look for loose/frayed/exposed/worn insulation on the wires. Check your fuses. Check for corrosion or rust on contacts. Check each headlight builds for failing/loose/burned out filaments.

You can bench test the bulbs too. If you can buy from radio shack a muti range volt wall charger/power ac adapter (1v to 12v) These help on small 12V automotive electronics without lugging around a car battery.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
What I need is to find out the wire pinout in the plug that comes from the harness to the housing. The wires inside of the housing for the low beam have no life in them. I checked all fuses in the fuse box and all are good. All other lights in the housing work and the bulb works when I plug it into the driver side housing. Seems like the wires inside the housing have come loose or failed in some other fashion.

I want to run jumper wires from the drive side housing until I buy a new headlight housing. That or open the housing and fix the wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.