Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if anyone knows if the small (rice grain type) glass bulbs can be replaced with LEDs? The engine & engine oil lamp weren't illuminated.

So I carefully & patiently removed the entire cluster gauge assembly ($642.00 super vision) checked & verified with my parts #.

I removed the bulbs. Supposedly on ebay search. These types of bulbs are T5?
Wanted to know what's the real actual name for these size bulbs & what are the called in LED versions?

I'm glad that the 2 glass bulbs lasted this long. 9yrs, 3 previous owners & at 88,172miles.

Online search.

These are from my cluster gauge assembly

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
... I'm glad that the 2 glass bulbs lasted this long ...
I can't help you with the parts question, but am more than a bit surprised that even one of these bulbs burned out, and two going bad seems really odd. Considering how little actual time both of these are illuminated, IMO they should last basically forever.

Is there a possibility that some prior mod could be affecting the electrical system? In any case, I suggest doing a static and load test on the charging system, and also watch for anything else abnormal as well.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't or can't see anything wrong with the circuit board. The light bulbs don't show burned out. Just weird. You're right about the bulbs on usage kiaguy007.

I tested them both on a multimeter & then on my trusted multi range RadioShack AC adapter. Both checks ok. The board itself is ok.

Guess it's one of those car things, works then it doesn't then all of a sudden works.

I'll just order a few replacement bulbs just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts