Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Daughter just bought a new Forte 4 door, and wants rims, but wants to use the stock tires. What size wheels do we need to look for?
THX

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
There are 3 "stock" tire sizes depending on the trim level, 15", 16" or 17".

I'm assuming she has the steel wheels with wheel covers, then she has 15" tires P195/65 R15. You can confirm this by looking at the tire or the sticker on the drivers door post.

The other info you need when looking for after market wheels is the width of the stock rim, bolt pattern, hub diameter and wheel offset.

I'm not 100% sure of the width of the rim but it will be either 5, 5.5 or 6 inches.

Bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5" (114.3mm), hub diameter is 67.1mm and offset is +48mm.

you can vary the offset with other wheels from about +38 to +52mm. The lower the offset, the more the wheel will stick out past the fender. Remember though that 10mm is less than 1/2 an inch.

Before buying any rims, have the shop test fit on on front wheel to make sure it clears averything.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Go to either tirerack.com or discounttire.com

Both of these websites allow you to pick your year, make, model, and trim level. Then you can view all the wheels (and tires too) available for her car and even get a picture to see what the new wheels will look like on her car. VERY good sites!!!

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
There are 3 "stock" tire sizes depending on the trim level, 15", 16" or 17".

I'm assuming she has the steel wheels with wheel covers, then she has 15" tires P195/65 R15. You can confirm this by looking at the tire or the sticker on the drivers door post.

The other info you need when looking for after market wheels is the width of the stock rim, bolt pattern, hub diameter and wheel offset.

I'm not 100% sure of the width of the rim but it will be either 5, 5.5 or 6 inches.

Bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5" (114.3mm), hub diameter is 67.1mm and offset is +48mm.

you can vary the offset with other wheels from about +38 to +52mm. The lower the offset, the more the wheel will stick out past the fender. Remember though that 10mm is less than 1/2 an inch.

Before buying any rims, have the shop test fit on on front wheel to make sure it clears averything.

I hope this helps.
UPDATE - I have confirmed that the stock rim width is 5.5 inches. You can safely go to a 6 inch wide rim with the stock P195/65 R15 tires.

Cheers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts