Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have done a custom true cold air intake, throttle body spaced to a 3 1/2. And exhaust straight from stock headers. Still bottom end performance is not what I’m wanting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that’s not too bad. Price is a little eh. And I’d still have to pay for labor to get it installed and tuned

·
Site Sponsor
1,804 Posts
Damn that’s not too bad. Price is a little eh. And I’d still have to pay for labor to get it installed and tuned
We have designed the kit to be a straight forward installation with a majority of our customers doing it themselves. Let us know if you have any questions or would like to get one moving... Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heard😋. Another ? So I have a “true” cold air intake, also put a “waterproof” sleeve around filter due to its position secured behind left side bottom front bumper. Issue occurred to where I lost throttle response and found that the “butterfly” inside throttle body was stuck closed ?? Disassembled intake and clean throttle body. She performed fine after. When cleaning found moisture inside intake tube nearest throttle body? I have drilled 1/2 “ holes in grill face to help air flow/ force to filter. What could have occurred?

·
Site Sponsor
1,804 Posts
Heard😋. Another ? So I have a “true” cold air intake, also put a “waterproof” sleeve around filter due to its position secured behind left side bottom front bumper. Issue occurred to where I lost throttle response and found that the “butterfly” inside throttle body was stuck closed ?? Disassembled intake and clean throttle body. She performed fine after. When cleaning found moisture inside intake tube nearest throttle body? I have drilled 1/2 “ holes in grill face to help air flow/ force to filter. What could have occurred?
Most likely build-up on the butterfly, possibly accelerated due to more air from the intake. Doesn't sound like anything defective.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts

KUNFINE Car Electronic Throttle Controller Racing Accelerator Potent Booster For KIA FORTE 2.0 Tuning Parts Accessory 11 Drive

I'm excited for this to arrive, this is one of the mods I'll be doing asap! paid an extra 20 for fast shipping. My cars throttle response is bad this should help, I've cleaned throttle body a few times had some performance increase. @130k rn.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QUH18W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, have a K&N Cold Air Intake Kit it honestly makes the car sound mean as hell without exhaust work.

I hope one day to buy the Turbo kit OP posted will see if she lasts that long tho.

Wouldn't mind a throttle body spacer too, those are cool.

-Jordan

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts
Have done a custom true cold air intake, throttle body spaced to a 3 1/2. And exhaust straight from stock headers. Still bottom end performance is not what I’m wanting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Do you mind posting the link to your throttle spacer?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

KUNFINE Car Electronic Throttle Controller Racing Accelerator Potent Booster For KIA FORTE 2.0 Tuning Parts Accessory 11 Drive

I'm excited for this to arrive, this is one of the mods I'll be doing asap! paid an extra 20 for fast shipping. My cars throttle response is bad this should help, I've cleaned throttle body a few times had some performance increase. @130k rn.
You realize that is complete and total junk, right? It does not make your car faster or do any of the other claims it makes on the website. All it does is change the mapping of the electric throttle. Plus, at $55, that can't be a quality product. Good re-mapping units are more expensive.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts
You realize that is complete and total junk, right? It does not make your car faster or do any of the other claims it makes on the website. All it does is change the mapping of the electron throttle. Plus, at $55, that can't be a quality product. Good re-mapping units are more expensive.
It's all good I knew what I was getting when I made my purchase and have watched videos on it, I'm not worried. I know it doesn't increase HP even 1HP and that's fine. Tbh I wish my throttle was wired, I wouldn't have had to go this route, but nor am I paying $350 or $150 for the same profit from a US supplier, the Chinese make these products just fine and the US upcharges it and puts a new sticker on them or a same exact electronics with a different looking model trust me, I did my research and know marketing tactics but hopefully this info will be helpful to you. I'll update you with my experience though it'll be here soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most likely build-up on the butterfly, possibly accelerated due to more air from the intake. Doesn't sound like anything defective.
Just order typhoon intake made specific got my car. Done with the auto zone build yourselves stuff. Do have a ? If I wrap the upper radiator hose with header wrap will it have any negative effects anywhere?????

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts
Just order typhoon intake made specific got my car. Done with the auto zone build yourselves stuff. Do have a ? If I wrap the upper radiator hose with header wrap will it have any negative effects anywhere?????
Any way you can post a picture for us? I'm curious to see this. how do you like the typhoon so far?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any way you can post a picture for us? I'm curious to see this. how do you like the typhoon so far?
Havnt got it yet literally just ordered. So any ideas on wrapping the upper radiator hose??? Should it been left stock so heat can escape or header wrap to keep heat away from outer components????

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts
Havnt got it yet literally just ordered. So any ideas on wrapping the upper radiator hose??? Should it been left stock so heat can escape or header wrap to keep heat away from outer components????
honestly I’m not sure, why do you want to wrap it tho? I know it gets pretty hot but it should be fine. But it’s not a Bad idea, can you post the link to it I want to check it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
honestly I’m not sure, why do you want to wrap it tho? I know it gets pretty hot but it should be fine. But it’s not a Bad idea, can you post the link to it I want to check it out.
did some runs and actually taking off the header wrap from upper radiator hose did better; kept intake pipe wrapped though. With upper radiator hose wrapped it actually increased water temp which inturn could make water pump over work. Also affected cool down temperatures around engine after parked.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts
did some runs and actually taking off the header wrap from upper radiator hose did better; kept intake pipe wrapped though. With upper radiator hose wrapped it actually increased water temp which inturn could make water pump over work. Also affected cool down temperatures around engine after parked.
Interesting, do you have the link for the throttle bottle spacer? And did you have to relearn the throttle body afterwards or na.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Ex
15 Posts
You realize that is complete and total junk, right? It does not make your car faster or do any of the other claims it makes on the website. All it does is change the mapping of the electric throttle. Plus, at $55, that can't be a quality product. Good re-mapping units are more expensive.
I kid you not, I can 100% tell the difference this is no placebo either. This thing has a bunch of different modes and I can always feel the difference my car works like it’s brand new again, on top of that this device has a security setting that you can enable that would make you type in a password before you could start and use the car that feature was not inlduded in the description, best $60 mod that I’ve bought for my forte next to my CAI. ($80 for me cause I did express shipping) also it took me 10 minutes to have everything set up 5 mins to adds some adjustments. I’m extremely glad I shipped thru DHL for the future I will always Ship with them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts