Kia Forte Forum banner

2010 Kia Forte: -No A/C light -Fan works until you drive awhile or the car gets real hot in the sun (Strange Yes)

2588 Views 26 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  mobileterminaluser
2010 KIA Forte - When I get in the car first thing in the morning (Florida so not exactly freezing) I turn on the defroster no light however I can hear a click and it does defrost the rear window. No A/C light and the blower blows hot air. About 30 minutes in on the ride to work, the A/C kicks in , light comes on, and blows cold. Now the strange part - If the car sits in the hot sun lets say until after 11-12 o'clock the A/C works like normal. ?? On a sunny hot day I leave work and it works fine.

Any ideas?
Thank you!
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 27 Posts
Hello, did you find out a solution yet? My 2012 Cerato 1.6 (forte) with manual AC does exactly the same thing. AC and recirculation button Never light up when i leave for works in the morning, however it almost always works when in the afternoon when the car has been sitting in the sun for a while, and when it works it blows perfectly cold air. I am pulling my hair out trying to fix this issue. Please HELP!
No - just about eliminated every other possibility and narrowed down to the A/C Heat Control Panel
Hi, Please let me know if you find a solution. I am in the same boat as you are. Thanks!
I am also thinking of visiting the Scrap Yard to see if i can find a replacement, i guess new OEM part will cost a pretty penny.

I saw many available on Ebay, if i were living in the US, i'd probably buy from there.
Hello, Has anyone found a solution to this pesky problem?
Hello, if anyone is still facing this issue, i found the solution and thought i should share it as i know alot of people are suffering from this problem.

The fix is to open the control module, and above the middle dial (Air direction dial) there are two silver capacitors, just change those with the same type of capacitors and voila, everything works perfectly.  I got mine changed from electronics repair shop (tv, stereos etc.)

Picture below for reference.

Circuit component Green Electronic engineering Electronic component Electronic device

Hope this helps someone, I suffered a lot due to this small problem for a long time.
See less See more
I am sure this will work for you as well, because we had exactly the same problem. I have attached the picture of capacitors in case you want to DIY it.

Circuit component Computer hardware Electronic component Electronic engineering Hardware programmer
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Replaced

Replaced the caps with a 22uf 50 volt and a 47uf 35 volt
:) Works great!! Thank you!!!
So glad to hear that! Enjoy your AC.
1 - 7 of 27 Posts