Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2010 Koup and two days ago I went to pick up my friend, but he could not get into the passenger side so I assumed there was a bit of ice built up around the door since we had ice pellets earlier. So i leaned over opened the door from the inside and it opened easily, so i just ignored it. Yesterday the door opened fine, but this morning it would not open again...it only opens on the inside..

Any one have a similar problem? I'm going to the dealership on Friday, but wanted to know if it was just a small problem I could fix my self instrad of wasting time at a garage!

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had issues closing my driver side door. The other day I had to slam it to get it closed. Think I may have to make a trip to the dealer eventually

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I know this is a stupid suggestion, but you'd be impressed by how many people didn't try this.

Have you tried double clicking the Unlock button? the first click only unlocks the driver side door for mine

That being said, i think another member has the same issue and it turned out the actual outside door handle was messed up, the dealer had to replace it at no cost. It would work sometimes, but other it wouldn't, almost as if it wasnt fully connected. there's a video on here for it

EDIT: here's the video

and here's the thread:

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-sedan-general-discussion/3873-3-issues-1-not-being-fixed.html

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know this is a stupid suggestion, but you'd be impressed by how many people didn't try this.

Have you tried double clicking the Unlock button? the first click only unlocks the driver side door for mine

That being said, i think another member has the same issue and it turned out the actual outside door handle was messed up, the dealer had to replace it at no cost. It would work sometimes, but other it wouldn't, almost as if it wasnt fully connected. there's a video on here for it

EDIT: here's the video

YouTube - Forte

and here's the thread:

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-sedan-general-discussion/3873-3-issues-1-not-being-fixed.html
I know this might sound stupid but based on the model that I have... when you drive the doors automatically lock and only when you stopped the car that you can open them from the inside. Trying to open them from outside wont work as the door lock remains and so will trying to open them from inside while driving. I guess you may have tried it already but it may be as simple as unlocking your door from the driver door lock button... Otherwise then it more serious and the door handle might have jammed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts