Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Im new to the Forte Forum. I'm Puerto Rican and work in the Air Force stationed overseas, hopping to go to the east coast after my tour here. I bought a used 2010 Red Koup with 5K milles on it for 13K, the car was like new. I think is a EX but all my paperwork say it has a 2.4L engine, I think it was an error on the paperwork but cant find anywhere on the engine if its a 2.0 or 2.4. Anyways Im glad I bought this Koup, I Love this car and cant wait to make it look better. I named the car Knuckles

·
Registered
34 Posts
its a 2.0 liter engine

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Bienvenidos. Donde estas estacionado? Congrats on the purchase of the Koup. I love miner as well. Que lo sigas disfrutando.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Do you have the rims with the black inserts? Also LED controls, chrome (maybe?) door handles, a red "K" on your "koup" decals.

Pics would do wonders btw lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone.

I'm stationed in Guam, (saludos a todos los latinos aqui)

Here are some pics

2,213 Posts
It's an ex, sx has fogs, 2 tone rims and the K on the word "KOUP" would be red. But who cares, you picked it up for a great price....congrats!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome, nice car and I like your avatar. Favorite character from the Sonic games. Maybe you could incorporate Knuckles into the styling of your car somehow?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Based on the hubcaps, I'd say it was an LX. Like KIA said though, who cares, it's a great looking car and you got it for a great price. Enjoy it man. Para donde quieres PCS por el East coast? At least you're just on another tropical island. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Based on the hubcaps, I'd say it was an LX. Like KIA said though, who cares, it's a great looking car and you got it for a great price. Enjoy it man. Para donde quieres PCS por el East coast? At least you're just on another tropical island. :)
The koup only comes in EX and SX, the sedan is the only one that comes in LX :]

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I thought so too man, but outside of the US they have it in LX as well. He's in Guam, so it's possible. ;) Not saying his necessarily is, just might be.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Might it even be a 1.6L? If it is an LX?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
That's what I was thinking, which would kind of be messed up as he was sold it as a 2.4L, but thought it was a 2.0L EX, and it turned out to be neither. Either way, it was a good price and a Koup looks just as pretty in any model. :)
Knuckles, as tyzall asked, are you thinking of incorporating the look of Knuckles into the styling/modding of the car? I liked Knuckles the most as well.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Didn't know that, but it's too bad. Other countries have gotten different colors, kits, or other little extras. Guess we all have different little things we'd like from other places. :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I kinda understand the different engines but why does Canada get the SX-R and no one else? They would make more money if they offered the SX-R everywhere cuz I know I would've gotten it and so would plenty of people on the forum. Looks so nice. I want those wheels!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome, nice car and I like your avatar. Favorite character from the Sonic games. Maybe you could incorporate Knuckles into the styling of your car somehow?
Thanks, I'm aiming for a sporty clean look on my car. Will definitely keep Knuckles on mind in the process.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was stationed in SC before I came here and I loved it, I would like to go back there or NC. If not maybe FL, I'm looking to buy a house on my next location. Guam is nice and tropical like PR but is very very small.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Were you at Shaw?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts