Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hi! I've been browsing on and off for a while and I think this is my first post!

Anyway, I have been looking for a Forte Koup. I really want a 2011 corsa blue EX, but all the ones I can find are pretty expensive (for me) at $18,000+.

I'm not going to tell anyone where haha but I just found a 2010 red SX for less than $14,000. So now what do y'all think. Are the improvements found in the 2011 EX enough to pass up the deal on the 2010 SX? Plus the 2010 SX has its rims painted black, it would save me some time. I'll be buying automatic transmission, and performance isn't a huge factor for me.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
The warranty would be a huge difference between the 2011 and 2010. Kia still hasn't been a 100% with their quality on the Forte Koup. If you want proof do some digging and you'll come up with a few issues from us Koup and Sedan owners. Warranty doesn't transfer over to used cars, although your dealership may offer some sort of warranty the stock warranty is very good.

The 2011 SX, yes the SX, isn't worth more than $17,000 fully loaded. If you want the real price of the car go to consumerreports.com and find out the actual price it cost Kia to make the car. When I purchased my 2010 Koup SX fully loaded, I told my dealer I had the consumerreports documents with me on the actual price of every item in the Koup. The dealer then stood up and said, I'll talk to the manager. Magically the price dropped from $21,000 to $18,000. But I eventually got it down to $17,480.

If I were you I would go for the SX because there is a significant difference between the two. Want proof go to edmunds.com and in the review of the Forte Koup they point out all the significant differences between the EX and SX.

Buy the 2011 Forte Koup SX, talk them down to at least $17,500 for the "fully loaded" Koup. Get charged anything higher your dealership is screwing you. But trust me, consumerreports is a good tool to use and you'll be surprised to see the actual cost of the car compared to what you're dealership is charging you.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes remember that the full powertrain warranty does not transfer on used vehicles. Couple that with generally higher interest rates on used vehicles vs new and suddenly that $14,000 for the used SX isn't much of a deal at all. And you're introducing the unknown factor of how the prior owner treated it and why they gave it up(or were forced to).

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah just go with the 2011 Forte Koup SX, nice upgrades from the 2010. im sure you can talk them down. i did the same as xXRockAweaRXx and got my 2010 Koup SX for $17,500.. good deal.. also try to get your car loan through a credit union bank, APR are much lower:)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
Wait until the 2012 models come out and you can get even better deals on the 2011s!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wait until the 2012 models come out and you can get even better deals on the 2011s!
x2

Although this thread does not make me feel good about the resale value of my car lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
It'll probably take at least 10 years of Kia producing reliable vehicles for their resale value to go up...for now plan on driving it till the wheels fall off. ;)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
Only if the 10 year warranty can be transferred will the resale value go up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Only if the 10 year warranty can be transferred will the resale value go up.
I don't think that will ever happen. I looked at a 2012 Ford Focus yesterday and their warranty is 3 years and 36,000 miles.

I would definitely go with the 2011 SX for many reasons. And the handling will be so much better.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I don't think that will ever happen. I looked at a 2012 Ford Focus yesterday and their warranty is 3 years and 36,000 miles.

I would definitely go with the 2011 SX for many reasons. And the handling will be so much better.
That is SAD...warranty won't likely last as long as the car's "mortgage"!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.