Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the main differences between the 2010 and 2011 models specifically the EX trim line 4 door Forte? I know the outdoor temp sensor is one that is annoying me, but anything else?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a six speed are you kidding me! They didn't even go to a 5 and then 6!!! I knew I should have waited a month! I feel ripped off!!!!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
a six speed are you kidding me! They didn't even go to a 5 and then 6!!! I knew I should have waited a month! I feel ripped off!!!!
Life is like that...lessons learned...we've been discussing the differences for quite a while on the Forte sites...you should remember to research before you buy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I know I couldn't wait for a new car, my mustang needed 2 grand worth of work had a million miles etc and was killing me on gas so I had to get rid of it quickly. as they say never buy the first model year of any car I should have waited! I wonder if they can add the temp gage? shouldn't be difficult you wouldn't think.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same here two months ago! But my sales person told me all the 2011 model would have. But hey, 2010 models had 1750CAD price adjustment and 0% financing. And dealer offered winter tires half price. I am actually glad I took the 2010 for much less. And like you, the only thing that I miss is the temp gage that I always had in my cars...

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Auto on headlights (come on automatically in the dark)
Chrome trim around the cup holders
Piano black trim around the stick shift silver trim
LED tail lights
Rims
Tech Package: (Auto climate control, push start, navigation, etc)
Paddle shifters
LED mirrors

I went to the dealership like 5 different times and every time i would sit in one. They had my exact same blue sx 6 speed but in a 2011. Liked everything but the rims.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I went to the dealer to check out the changes and from the outside with the 2010 and 2011 next to each other the only thing I could find was the LED on the mirror. The newer transmission is a nice benefit that I would like. Very little changes. Things like navigation don't mean much to me since it is an option I wouldn't get anyway. I am happy with my 2010 for at least another year then maybe there will be an option I would really want.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As far as things like the temp or compass my last car had them and I did like that option but now I have the bluetooth and sirius instead so I consider that a good trade off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sad thing is, Kia royally screwed up the gearing on the 6 speed automatic. The 4 speed seems better to me, but maybe I'm just biased :)

ryude........."Ditto" I like the 4 speed over the six auto:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well here in PR the 2011 ex has bluetooth and the whole buttons on the steering wheel for the radio n stuff...the 2010 ex didn't have that... well i waited 6 months for the 2011 model...just heard the same thing as BLANTHONY to never buy the first year model of anycar and just waited...and now a LOVE my 2011 car!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Okay So ive had both cars. I currently have the 2011 and Love it....6 speed Auto, Smart Key, (Touch start), Nav, Lil lights above the driver and passangers head for the visor mirror. pretty nice and they automatically turn off when u close the visor. Back up camera, Chrome package. Auto Headlights that turn off/on Fog lights on the EX. I aint biased but the 2011 EX wins hands down....amazinggg car. I got mine for 16,500 and it came with everything. + Sunroof. oh and the EX also has the red lights around the speedometer

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
dang man, i wanna see your whip! unfortunately i just got backed into... had my car for two whole days but oh well. id still like to see a 2011

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
dang man, i wanna see your whip! unfortunately i just got backed into... had my car for two whole days but oh well. id still like to see a 2011

I feel realy bad for you and the koup, got broken into twice, and backed into twice :( . someone must really hate the koup :mad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
if im correct only the 2010 forte was available in Corsa Blue, so to some, a one off color on a car, not too shabby, though i saw that it will be offered on the optima. though there are some options that i would have preferred on the the 2011

·
Registered
204 Posts
I finnally took pics of my car, and will be posting at work....been busy but I got some good shots haha it will make up for the 3 wks of having my new car and no pics haha

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.