Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Yes, that code could create a starting issue.

You don't necessarily need to buy a new VCMA, in fact the history of this has shown that it's the least likely of the possible suspects. Remove the actuator, check for broken linkage, and (if nothing is broken), test the actuator electrically. If no issues turn up from doing those things, remove the intake manifold and check for stuck and/or bent runners. Runner issues can often be cleaned or otherwise fixed, instead of buying a replacement manifold.

I recommend getting the P200A issue corrected, before trying anything else to fix the erratic starting.
馃憤

Registered
I have a thread/post on intake manifold. Check them out.

The VCMA doesn't need an update.

Buy a new MAP sensor from your local Kia/Hyundai dealership or from an authorized Kia/Hyundai online store.

Don't buy sensors, modules ECM,ECU, BCM,PCM etc from automotive stores that sell pos Chineseium made parts & sh!t quality. Those stores are great for throw away parts. Save yourself the anguish, frustrations & anger & buy from an authorized online Kia/Hyundai store or dealership.

Kiapartsnow.com is one I use for any info dealing with Kia/Hyundai vehicles.

If the new MAP sensor doesn't fix your car troubles, look into the O2 sensors, the intake manifold for stuck plastic butterfly doors & possibly the VCMA.

The VCMA has a plastic coupler that connects to the platic intake butterfly doors. If those or one is warped & stuck, it will cause the coupler to break or VCMA to burn out.

I have a post on bench testing the VCMA to see if it's operational as manufactured.

Hope this helps.

Let us know what the problem & fix was. It helps out the Forteforums community.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts