Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have a buddy that just bought a '93 Taurus SHO 4spd auto 220hp 219ft of torque. Car weights roughly 3,300 lbs. Now, do you guys think the Ford Taurus SHO a '93 this one I'm talking about can beat me in a 1/4 mile drag or will I be able to get him in my 2011 Koup SX 2.4L 6spd auto with turbokits.com cold air intake?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Well since everyone will be staring at your car and not even noticing a Taurus...

2,213 Posts
You don't have a chance...they used to use the sho as cop cars! unless the engine is beat to sh*t then you can. You're only pumping out 180hp, the sho was designed to take off, exactly why police used them.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ok guys I have a buddy that just bought a '93 Taurus SHO 4spd auto 220hp 219ft of torque. Car weights roughly 3,300 lbs. Now, do you guys think the Ford Taurus SHO a '93 this one I'm talking about can beat me in a 1/4 mile drag or will I be able to get him in my 2011 Koup SX 2.4L 6spd auto with turbokits.com cold air intake?

My father got to drive one of these I was in the car at the time.. *I was young* :)
It was the first time I ever went over 130 mph in a car,I can't remember how fast we did go but I do remember if seemed to get up to high speeds very quick for what it was.

Im going to have to agree with K.I.A on this one if this car is in good conditon and motor is still good I think the ford is going to take the koup:(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ok yeah I did some research on the 93 Taurus SHO and seen 15s 1/4mile but one ford forum said 17.0 which I don't think is right just judging by the specs. Oh and on my friends SHO it has 95,000 miles on it so I don't know. I guess one way to find out is to run it Lmao......

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I also believe that I can give him the SHO a good run cause there hasn't been any good results or 1/4mile times on the 2011 koup sx 2.4 with 6spd auto and last week I stayed dead even with a 2010 civic si stock. Soo I think these new koups 2.4L with 6spd auto pick up pretty nicely. Going April 30th to Route 66 Raceway to slap some times down the 1/4 mile so I will post them up guys. =)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
i honestly doubt it, i think you have a chance.

Take into consideration its a 93, no matter how well you maintained it, HP decrease with time and engine doesn't perform as good. (refer to Top Gear when they bought older ferraris, porsche, and lambos)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the SHO will dust you.
I dunno about dust me lol but I think I should be able to hang in there. Don't forget its a 93 SHO with 220hp automatic tranny 4spd and weights 3400lbs. Vs a koup with around 180hp 6spd auto and weighing in around 2875. I think with the specs of both cars it should be close. The SHO I know that will spank me is an 89 SHO they were stick 5spd only and ran low 15s down the 1320.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My Bro used to have an SHO Very fast I love my SX but I think you will be seeing his taillights by the end of it all.

Drive safe and let us know what the out come is?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts