Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. New member! IG - red_koup_rsa

I live in south africa. Here we call the Forte - Cerato Koup. I have a 2011 Koup 2.0L and I'm not satisfied with the bottom end of my acceleration. I want to swap in a newer 1.6 T GDI from a 2014 Koup/Veloster turbo. Is this possible? How hard/easy is this?

Is there any other way I can get that level of performance or kw/hp.

Turbo kit is too expensive to import from Turbokits.com

Thanks Guys!!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Hi there. New member! IG - red_koup_rsa

I live in south africa. Here we call the Forte - Cerato Koup. I have a 2011 Koup 2.0L and I'm not satisfied with the bottom end of my acceleration. I want to swap in a newer 1.6 T GDI from a 2014 Koup/Veloster turbo. Is this possible? How hard/easy is this?

Is there any other way I can get that level of performance or kw/hp.

Turbo kit is too expensive to import from Turbokits.com

Thanks Guys!!!!
Welcome to forteforums.com!

If Turbokits is too expensive then swapping a 1.6T will be TOO expensive. You have to remember that not only will you have to replace the engine AND Tranny...but you HAVE to replace the Engine Control module (ECM)...and since the ECM "talks" to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) you'll have to replace that too. In this case you might as well BUY a car with the 1.6T already in it!

On a scale of 1 -10, with 10 being hardest, this is a 20 for novices!!!

If you just have to have more performance then you might consider nitrous oxide. Chances are you'd get addicted to it and keep adding more nitrous/gas until you blow the cylinder head gasket.

Nitrous Oxide Systems/Kits for Cars & More at Summit Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts