Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I've heard from a very reliable source....

Here's some rumours for all the canucks out there!

ALL KOUP trims to get Fogs
ALL KOUP trims to get a 6 speed tranny...manny or auto!
ALL KOUPS get a suspension upgrade
ALL KOUPS get a little helper to help my you look pretty in the dark

A couple of KOUPS get paddle shifters
A couple of new lower level trim packages
A coupLe of new Top-end trims! Not SXR though ;)
- night driving gets a helper here
- anytime driving gets a helper here
- dont go buying fancy tail lights just yet :D

One Koup gets pushy ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
If this is true im pissed! im in the middle of purchasing a 2010 koup sx electric blue! and the dealer told me they are completely unchanged for 2011! :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the update.Maybe this is for the States as well. I will be buying just after the '11's come out. Pardon my stupidity but what is making us look good in the dark? I'm a fat bald almost 60 yr. old and the dark already makes me look good since it's dark.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, i think i have to wait for my 2011 now. The dealer also told me they're not changing a whole lot.....sure it's not a major redesign, but that info sounds good. I just want to know when they come out so i know if it's worth it to buy new tires for my '01 rio

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hmmmmm
you know must of us are going to be let down 2011 if kia does no changes to the car lol.
But this all sounds great even if they only do 4 out of 7.. changes listed that would be great!:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If some of these rumours are true I may just trade in my '10 for an '11. Instead of buying all the new parts to add to mine. LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
If this is true im pissed! im in the middle of purchasing a 2010 koup sx electric blue! and the dealer told me they are completely unchanged for 2011! :(
ok people need to get a life ... every year something is going to change or get better or why would people want to buy the next model year when the can get the 2010 for cheaper?

maybe you should just wait to the 2015 model .... thats going to be a whole new design!!!!!!

Obviously if u are in the process of buying the 2010 then its what you want. Who cares whats coming next year cause there is ALWAYS something better to come. And a 2011 is gonna cost you alot more!

·
Registered
24 Posts
not sure how true - going to cost you more it. MSRP on mine was 20,090 on KIA.com - obviously dealer has a lot of mark ups - tinted my windows etc but...

I got mine for 18,690 because I am a student = -400 and a rebate = -1000

Unless they are going to charge more for the 2011 it should be the same no? The sales lady worked for my friend who called her. He also came with me as he is a GM at another dealership. He looked at all the numbers and apparently they do not mark these up much as it is KIA's hot seller.

Dunno, but I am second guessing that I should have waited but I have zero patience and I am planning on keeping it for 5 years until it is paid off to which the resale will not be a lot of difference

MG

·
Registered
114 Posts
ok people need to get a life ... every year something is going to change or get better or why would people want to buy the next model year when the can get the 2010 for cheaper?

maybe you should just wait to the 2015 model .... thats going to be a whole new design!!!!!!

Obviously if u are in the process of buying the 2010 then its what you want. Who cares whats coming next year cause there is ALWAYS something better to come. And a 2011 is gonna cost you alot more!
yes, this is true every year something newer and better comes out, I wanted a White koup and was willing to wait for one. The dealer said that we are only getting 4 more koups (Blue red black titianum 6 m/t) and then thats the end of 2010 for my dealership. asked him about the 2011 and he said they are exactly the same just higher interest 1.9 up to 5.9 so i just went ahead with the blue one, because of the monthly payment.

Im sure ill love my SX koup anyway!:p

·
Registered
316 Posts
For me it's about resale value. I'll be looking to get a new car in 5 years when this one is paid off because I'll be earning a lot more money. So if i get a 2011 in say...october, and then in 5 years time when it's paid off and I trade it in, my 2011 is going to be a lot more valuable than your 2010. People will be like "oh, that car is only 4 years old".

·
Registered
47 Posts
yes, this is true every year something newer and better comes out, I wanted a White koup and was willing to wait for one. The dealer said that we are only getting 4 more koups (Blue red black titianum 6 m/t) and then thats the end of 2010 for my dealership. asked him about the 2011 and he said they are exactly the same just higher interest 1.9 up to 5.9 so i just went ahead with the blue one, because of the monthly payment.

Im sure ill love my SX koup anyway!:p
Well you gonna be very happy with Electric Blue!!! Looks amazing! Check out my pics in my profile of mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For me it's about resale value. I'll be looking to get a new car in 5 years when this one is paid off because I'll be earning a lot more money. So if i get a 2011 in say...october, and then in 5 years time when it's paid off and I trade it in, my 2011 is going to be a lot more valuable than your 2010. People will be like "oh, that car is only 4 years old".
Your right it might be worth a 1000 or 2000 more.

You won't have any incentives and you won't have 0% interest and you wont' be able to get as much off the sticker price.

So the money you will pay to have a 2011 will be the same in the end as buying a discounted 2010. This is the reason they discount them! Other wise if they were the same price why would anyone get a 2010 at the end of the model year if a 2011 was the same price?

·
Registered
24 Posts
So the 2011 will not have the interest specials? i have 2.9% over 5 years and got the 1,000 rebate, other than that nothing was added that it was a 2010, maybe I screwed up there. If the interest rate goes back up off the special I just got I am glad I got the 2010.

I also disagree with the price holding $2000 more on the newer 2011. I think it has more to do with miles on the car etc than the model year. Obviously a 2011 will be worth a bit more but if there were 2 cars the same price same model one was newer but 10,000 more miles, I would take the older personally.

Either way, new cars at the start of the year will probably not have the incentives I got with this car... At least I hope or I should have waited. 20,090 msrp without the dealer mark ups they seem to add on and paid 18,690 at 2.9%, I would only assume I would have had to wait months after the 2011's come out to get this deal? To which that would be plus 6 months from now and I could not wait

MG

·
Registered
47 Posts
So the 2011 will not have the interest specials? i have 2.9% over 5 years and got the 1,000 rebate, other than that nothing was added that it was a 2010, maybe I screwed up there. If the interest rate goes back up off the special I just got I am glad I got the 2010.

I also disagree with the price holding $2000 more on the newer 2011. I think it has more to do with miles on the car etc than the model year. Obviously a 2011 will be worth a bit more but if there were 2 cars the same price same model one was newer but 10,000 more miles, I would take the older personally.

Either way, new cars at the start of the year will probably not have the incentives I got with this car... At least I hope or I should have waited. 20,090 msrp without the dealer mark ups they seem to add on and paid 18,690 at 2.9%, I would only assume I would have had to wait months after the 2011's come out to get this deal? To which that would be plus 6 months from now and I could not wait

MG

I was looking for a 2007 Mazda 3 GT before I test drove a Koup. The book value of a 2007 and 2008 with same kms were only 1500-2000$ difference.

So if you buy a 2011 which will not have any incentives when they come out because they need to get ride of the 2010's first. So you will have probably the normal bank financing rate or 4.9-5.9% interest and no dealer to factory incentives. So with those two taken off right there u now just increased your final price by over 2000 grand easily.

Everything is relative. I got mine now because the incentives gave me the price i wanted to pay per month plus i got my car now instead of waiting for a 2011 that maybe more money if it comes with more options and will be a higher monthly payment because it wont' have any incentives. And who knows when they will actually start getting them. Probably not until the end of september.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is this a known thing that interest rates are higher at the beginning of a model year? I was going to opt for future value financing (60/84 with 2.9% on a koup, 1.9 on sedan). Should i expect these rates to change when the 2011's come out? I was thinking kia would have some sore of christmas incentives or something, and that was around the time i'm thinking of purchasing, providing my '01 rio can live that long

·
Registered
519 Posts
blah blah blahhhhhhh unless they change the design of the car most/all of the 2011 parts should b avalible for the 2010..... as is rit now you can buy an ex eith everything the sx has except the engine...

·
Registered
316 Posts
blah blah blahhhhhhh unless they change the design of the car most/all of the 2011 parts should b avalible for the 2010..... as is rit now you can buy an ex eith everything the sx has except the engine...
Not here. I want an SX because of the 5-speed and larger engine. If i was in the U.S. I could do that. But since i'm in canada i also have to get leather seats, satellite radio, trip computer, 17" rims, auto climate control, moonroof and fog lights.

If the 2011 model year has an EX with a 6-speed, i'd probably go with that. Or maybe a trim level comparable to the SX in america.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts