Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally broke the engine in my 2011 Koup SX 6spd auto. I figured 600miles is the standard so i decided to punch it and see the power. Well when I was on the highway a lil feller joined in. A 1st gen Scion TC 5spd manual. I can tell it was stick cause I saw his car rock up and down when he shifted. But anyway it was a TC with TRD badges, lowered, TRD exhaust, intake i believe, black wheels factory I think. So this guy starts chasing me playin cat and mouse so then we got next to each other and we both hit it at a 55mph roll and i pulled on him, it was great. So then when i pulled on him he swung behind me and then started chasing me again. LOL So it was my 1st lil play time in the new Koup against another car that was in the same class.:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sweeeeet. I love it that it was a Tc too. I was looking at the Tc before I bought, for what you pay for those things, NOT worth it! I love that you pulled on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey man that's great to hear, how does the paddle shifters work? Shifts hard and fast, or is it same as other automatics?
Well the paddle shifters work like your playn a car racing game with the steering wheel for xbox 360 lol... but for an auto it shifts relativly quick and more harder than a typical basic car. Shifting is pretty decent, one of the best automatic trans' I've ever driven.

·
Registered
289 Posts
IMO paddle shifters are over rated...If you want to shift gears get a manual. If you don't get an auto. There will never be a substitute for shifting manually. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
IMO paddle shifters are over rated...If you want to shift gears get a manual. If you don't get an auto. There will never be a substitute for shifting manually. Thats just my opinion.
I used to feel the exact same way.. oddly, I used to live in Valencia as well! Though the two have nothing to do with each other, since I have driven a paddle shift, I realize that as good as I thought I was with a clutch, the paddles allow you to drive like a pro race car driver while still being in command of the gearing.... love it! But I also love my 5 spd manual tranny:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used to feel the exact same way.. oddly, I used to live in Valencia as well! Though the two have nothing to do with each other, since I have driven a paddle shift, I realize that as good as I thought I was with a clutch, the paddles allow you to drive like a pro race car driver while still being in command of the gearing.... love it! But I also love my 5 spd manual tranny:D
I like to put it in "D" and go....

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like to put it in "D" and go....
Well, when I used to have to head south on 5 to 405 'round 3:30 4ish from there, I remember wishing I had "D" to put it in... LOL!! especially the North hills area to sherman oaks, UGHHH.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I like my manual :D

And I thought 5000 was the break-in marker

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
whats that damage if i was thinking the same on trading in my 10 for an 11. A higher payment maybe? does anyone know the answer.
inless your car is paid off already you might be too far upside down,
ie owe too much
but if they do let your trade.. yes I'd think payments would be higher since you'd be taken a loan on top of a loan..

·
Registered
489 Posts
whats that damage if i was thinking the same on trading in my 10 for an 11. A higher payment maybe? does anyone know the answer.
You'll have rollover if you owe more than what the dealer gives you for trade-in, which can be the difference between financing 8% or 12% if the rollover is a lot. Good rule of thumb is never purchase a car if you have more than $1000 rollover. I will probably wait until after I get back from Iraq, that way I'll have lots of money to put down :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's always selling privately. Especially if you got a good deal on it to begin with. I've sold 3 cars that I owed money on. I was not upside down on them however.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts