Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So around december or january i will be getting either a 2011 forte koup or 2011 forte 5 door. Im kind of torn tho because idk which one i should get. Any opinions??

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
That's a choice you should make...Both carry the same number of people, just one is more convenient for your passengers (as is the 4 door). Sporty or versatile? Drive by yourself mostly or do you take a lot of friends? Have things to carry all the time or is the car going to be a simple conveyance? Make the decision on what you need or make the decision on what you want...see how simple it's not...LoL!!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a choice you should make...Both carry the same number of people, just one is more convenient for your passengers (as is the 4 door). Sporty or versatile? Drive by yourself mostly or do you take a lot of friends? Have things to carry all the time or is the car going to be a simple conveyance? Make the decision on what you need or make the decision on what you want...see how simple it's not...LoL!!!
exactly lol i was leaning towards more the 5 door because theres already a sedan and theres already a koup but there isnt a 5 door. i guess i want something different and im gnna be having some people in the car too so i want it to be comfortable

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
You NEVER know...designing cars is not an exact science! The 5-door could turn out to be the most popular Forte once people see it...LoL! Then your idea of being different will disappear...at least you're thinking it through.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
couldnt agree more lol

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Great.....

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Either way, the 2011 looks to be much improved over the 2010, so you are buying the right model year lol.
"MUCH" improved? The only significant difference I see is the availability of a Nav package, unless I'm missing something?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
"MUCH" improved? The only significant difference I see is the availability of a Nav package, unless I'm missing something?
Another significant improvement is the 6 speed autotranny.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
While the back of the Koup isn't that small, I would say that if you are going to have people in the back seat even once a month it may be worth getting the 5 door.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As others said its really up to you and your needs..
I myself was going to buy a sedan but after seeing the Koup has plenty of room in the back for atleast 2 people easy.
And my very rare need for the space I bought the koup instead.

Just write out a vs list between the 5 door and the Koup..
see which model comes closer to all your needs/wants for your car
PS. Remember that your most likely going to have this car awhile so keep that in mind too:)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Dizzy...I have the answer for you: Buy one of each, problem solved! ...LoL!

·
Registered
425 Posts
As a huge fan of wagons/hatchbacks I have to say the 5 door. Then just get the Koup bumper and install. It will be like having the best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Just like I did lol

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
While the back of the Koup isn't that small, I would say that if you are going to have people in the back seat even once a month it may be worth getting the 5 door.
You realize the Koup has even more backseat room than the Accord Coupe?

I have kids who need to sit in back all the time, and I STILL got a Koup.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah ill buy both.....NOT lol yeah i was thinking about swapping the bumper to the koup one but im not sure if it would fit because i herd the 5door bumper is wider

1 - 18 of 18 Posts