Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if 2011 Koup owners are having any problems with their new Koups and I was wondering if some of these issues might have been on the 2010 model as well.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
I see the sticking transmission issue is still a prob... :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
The clock/temp display sometimes freezes but there is a TSB to fix this.

What's the deal with the sticking transmission? I don't think I have this problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I test drove one and the paddle shifters are awesome! I test drove the only one in Memphis. LED lights and push start are awesome.

It lags in 4th 5th and 6th but it puls hard in 2nd 3rd. Paddle shifters are very useful when trying to maneuver through traffic.

Fun car to drive.

Needs a turbo badly :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well im not having any big problems, at least not yet... just my seat belt buckle squeaks sometimes, and the miles per hour display always stays the same even when im going pretty fast!!....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't expect any "big" problem with mine ( brand new from late dec 2010 as 2011 model )....just a little rattle come from rear but heard it at -20C. I'll wait in spring to see if it's still there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only minor issue I have had with my 2011 SX AT is with the windshield wipers when using the mist...sometimes the wipers will stop half way on the last wipe. I will eventually take the car in to the dealership to get that fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The only minor issue I have had with my 2011 SX AT is with the windshield wipers when using the mist...sometimes the wipers will stop half way on the last wipe. I will eventually take the car in to the dealership to get that fixed.
You have that too?

I never thought of that as a defect, it's just how the relay works. It's a basic timer circuit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
the tranny sticking is getting worse i have 3800 on it and i literally sometimes have to force it into almost every gear
Someone please explain the "tranny sticking" issue to me. Is it basically that the tranny is taking its sweet time shifting into a higher gear?

If so, when does it generally do this?

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I have an Sx with 6 speed manual (with 6500KM on it), and find it difficult to shift from first to second when the car is cold. This goes away after the car is warmed up.
I discovered that going into neutral for a second or two before going into second gear makes it easier (just make sue the guy behind you is not following too close).

I'm considering switching to Syntetic gear oil to help alleviate the issue, any thoughts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm at over 3300 miles on an SX with the manual. I don't have the shift problems...then again I live in southern california.

There is a squeek/rattle coming from around the speedometer. I think it is the round plastic in front of the fuel gauge. If I gently push the plastic it makes a squeak because the material on the outside is kind of rubbery. It isn't a big deal during normal driving just that special types of bumps make it squeak.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the wiper mist "problem" too, but I had it on an old Chevy Venture and was a bad timming...I never get fix it so I don't know if this one can be. I'll ask the dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
holy crappaholy, some of you guys have 3-6k ALREADY?

anyhow, I just got mine today (Bleu). I'm in love all over again comming from a 2010 Koup EX.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts