Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 SX(Lux) with the LED tail lights and the in-dash nav. It looks identical to the one in the 2011 Sorento and the Sorento has a reverse camera. My Koup does not. I would like to add that feature but im not sure if my existing OEM Nav can accept it or not.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/ideas on this. I figured since its subcontracted out they wouldn't make a different radio for every model and mine is the same with every feature that i can see.

https://www.mapnsoft.com/ca/kia/download_content.asp?name=&id=14

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
from my experience with other cars and Forums things like this usually are learned my trial and error

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of my navigation system (back side). Im trying to add a rear camera. The spec sheets i found from KIA shows 24P Connector as the place where it gets it signal. How do i attach my camera?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have the 2011 sx luxury package it should have came with the rear view camera, have you tried looking at your nav while reversing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Gerrior , there is someone who want to talk to me.:):):)

I have the KOUP 2011 sx luxury package with 6-speed manual transmission and it doesn't came with the rear view camera, but it's the nav of your SEDAN. The spec sheets from KIA shows 24P Connector as the place where it gets the rear view camera signal... but I don't know What "camera B (+)" , "camera P GND" and "camera V GND" do???

·
Registered
2 Posts
help

Thank you Gerrior , there is someone who want to talk to me.:):):)

I have the KOUP 2011 sx luxury package with 6-speed manual transmission and it doesn't came with the rear view camera, but it's the nav of your SEDAN. The spec sheets from KIA shows 24P Connector as the place where it gets the rear view camera signal... but I don't know What "camera B (+)" , "camera P GND" and "camera V GND" do???
camera b+ means power positeve wire
camera p gnd power negative wire
-----------------
camera v gnd vedio negative or gruond wire

·
Registered
18 Posts
I assume that 24P connector has a place where all the wires come together right, that could make tapping that possible?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a picture of my navigation system (back side). Im trying to add a rear camera. The spec sheets i found from KIA shows 24P Connector as the place where it gets it signal. How do i attach my camera?

Hi all,
i wanna know if it works well with you cadieux, because i will add a rear camera to my orginal AVN system.
and Please if you dont mind , can you tell me where can i get the spec sheets that you posted before, i need to know how can the system gets the signal when i go to reverse R mode and starts the camera???

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thank you for the thread!!!!! I have been lookin everywhere for this. I was looking on ebay, but wanted to wait on something like this! Can anyone find a reverse camera for 6 speed auto lux? I have the whole unit etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't had a chance to look into this lately. But next summer Im going to spend more time and maybe buy a cheap CMOS camera on ebay to see how it works, before i invest in a higher quality product.

If someone figures it out before then, please share your findings. Im very interested.

·
Registered
425 Posts
def. pm me or something cuz i'd love to know also. that was one thing that pissed me off when i bought my car...why no back up camera but all the other models can get it?! lol my buddy has an alpine headunit that you can actually just run the back up camera anytime. it's awesome when your on the road and a cop gets behind you....now you know if he's just tooling around or running your plates haha.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Might want to check the amplifier in the trunk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts