Kia Forte Forum banner

2011 koup

28K views 72 replies 43 participants last post by  ryude 
I've read the same rumors about the Sync-competitive system along with push button. Neat stuff but I'm really holding out to see if the rumors of 6-speeds across the line hold true.

The transmissions are the true weakness in my opinion. I may end up having to choose an automatic for my next car so I'd like to avoid kicking myself for buying a 4-speed auto when a more efficient 6-speed comes out a couple months later.

From autotrader:

Despite the new body style and front fascia – and the Forte's fresh design – changes to the 2011 Forte didn't stop there, with Kia also announcing a shakeup of the Forte's transmissions. Gone are the standard 5-speed manual and available 4- and 5-speed automatic transmissions of the 2010 Forte, replaced with a standard 6-speed manual and available 6-speed automatic. By adding gears, the new transmissions will increase fuel economy and acceleration.
Other changes to the Forte include newly available features, including push-button starting, a navigation system, and – for models equipped with the new automatic – paddle shifters mounted behind the steering wheel.
Old news but if Kia officially states this then I'm glad to keep waiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.