Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going back & forth between several sporty economy cars & always find myself back at the Forte, but I hear bad things about the smoothness of the manual transmission on the 2010. Anyone know first hand whether the 2011 is any better? I haven't tried either yet so maybe the problems with the 2010 won't be that big a deal, but I'd like to know if there's a difference before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure about the 2010 but the one thing I noticed about my 2011 sx koup is that the release point on the clutch is higher up than what I was used to (I previously drove a civic). At first, I was a little jerky and I must have stalled the koup more times in that first week than I ever did the entire time I had my civic (10+ years). You get used to it though and now most people don't even realize I'm driving manual.

·
Registered
205 Posts
^^^ exactly what he said. kinda rough the first week but after its smooth as it can be :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
The whole gearbox sucks ass I have it and I have the twm shortshifter and its still as bad gear pickup feels crappy and its always jerking for no reason I want a new clutch assembly from the flywheel the the pressure plate but u have to wait cause I'm poor as hell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2010 SX Sedan with the 6 speed manual. Removing the Clutch Delay Valve (CSV) eliminated all the clutch issues. After that, I replaced the shifter base bushings and cable bushings with the set from TWM. That got rid of all slop in the shifting. Then, replaced the fluid with Redline MT-85 synthetic. The car now shifts and drives as smooth and slick as any manual I've owned. This is the 11th stick I have had, including Honda's BMW's, Volvo's, Nissan's, and various Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Every car is different, but you drive anything for a good while, you get used to it. I'm fine with my '10 SX 6 speed now, so don't let that hold you back if you really enjoy the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.