Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here and i have no clue how to work these forums.....

1)My parking brake is loose, and i blew my driver rear line (they are fixed now) before i go tearing my car apart is the nut to tighten it, under my cup holders?

2)also has anyone found lowering springs?

3) I’m looking for stock Kia wheels if anyone is selling them, i would like to put 17s on(on 15s now).

4) are the fog lights really that hard? Or has anyone found some plug and plays?

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
835 Posts
I have my OEM factory Koup SX 2.4L rims stored in my aftermarket rims boxes.

The foglights are somewhat easy to remove 4 Phillips screws. The bulb is easy to remove when assembly (foglight) is out. A bit harder to remove while it's on.

I circled the 10mm on the E Brake. You have to lift & jackstand the rear. Use a flathead or similar to adjust the star gear from the rear wheels. There's a rubber plug to get access to adjusting gear/cog. Rotate by hand each rear wheel until there's a tiny slight bit of resistance at the drum brakes. Don't engage the E brake. Adjust until the rear gear/cogs have been adjusted then the inside 10mm to tighten. Handle. Lower car & test E brake on a safe area. Test E brake on a slight incline & decline if still soft/not holding 3,000lbs in place lift car again & adjust rear gear/cog tighter. Can't remember if gear/cog is up=tighten or down=tighten. Wheels might need to be removed if can't get to plug & only if you're replacing/repairing internal rear brake parts. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
835 Posts
I'll take pics of my stock OEM/factory Koup SX 2.4L rims post upload send. Don't know if you'd be interested in buying all 4. Shipping might be a deterrent due to distance & weight. I'm from Tx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts