Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Davenir, It's been a long time since I last removed a 2010 forte front bumper cover...but I think I remember there was an anchor bolt holding the bumper cover on each side in the wheel well. I think your bumper cover is missing the bolt tabs. Your picture doesn't show the very rear of the cover where the bolt goes.
Well, I am going to take the passenger drive wheel off, remove the fender liner that is broken, and then replace the clips for the bumper cover. While the fender liner is off, I should have a good view of both sides, and if nessessary, I will use a self tapping screw to go through the bumper cover clip you circled, and into the plastic retainer so it cannot pop off. Ill also look for that screw, but when the cover is popped off, I see nothing a screw could or had been attached to. If their parts manual wasnt drawn by a 3 yr old, it might be a little more clear. Do they still sell those books they used to for each model car? I forget the name of them. Chiltons?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Well, I am going to take the passenger drive wheel off, remove the fender liner that is broken, and then replace the clips for the bumper cover. While the fender liner is off, I should have a good view of both sides, and if nessessary, I will use a self tapping screw to go through the bumper cover clip you circled, and into the plastic retainer so it cannot pop off. Ill also look for that screw, but when the cover is popped off, I see nothing a screw could or had been attached to. If their parts manual wasnt drawn by a 3 yr old, it might be a little more clear. Do they still sell those books they used to for each model car? I forget the name of them. Chiltons?
LOL! Yeah. I agree their manual's pictures LEAVE A LOT TO BE desired!!!!!!!

I bought a CD manual off e-bay back in 2011. Chiltons is not as good as a factory manual - even the Kia ones...LoL!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks. That does not even show the part I ordered unless its #3 in the first picture.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok, went to pick up the parts at Kia today, and they were dead. Told me they would install for $70. Since the fender liner had 20 holes in it, with a variation of screws, and those annoying christmas tree clips, and the other pop up clip, I told them to go for it. When they got done, they told me there was a broken clip on the bumper cover about halfway between the passenger side and the crack which is about in the middle. Said it should hold for a little while. That got me to thinking,
Has anyone installed those screw on fender flares that go completely around the wheel well? If so, can you link me to one that fits the kia? Since KBB only lists my car at $7K now, I might just drill into the fender and install one of those skirts which would hold the bumper cover on for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, it popped off again, so I just bought some red duct tape which actually matches real well, and carefully trimmed it, and stuck it between the fender and bumper cover allowing a little dimple where they come together. Looks pretty good, so Im going to leave it at that until I come across an undamaged painted bumper cover at a junk yard.
Thanks everyone for the diagrams and information.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts