Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Kia forte and I cannot get the Bluetooth/phone to work. When I turn the car on, no Bluetooth device appears. When I enter into the settings and go to the phone and click on it, it tells me that it is not ready and to wait and then just goes away. This does not change at all no matter how long I wait. I have watched several posts and I know it is not supposed to be this way but I do not know what to do.Does anyone have any ideas. I have deleted all the Bluetooth devices in my phone and it still doesn’t work. Are there any options.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I may have misspoken about the reset. Try this.

Press Setup>Phone>Advanced>Then toggle the Bluetooth Off, confirm it and toggle it back on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s just it. I can’t even go past the phone part. It just tells me that it’s not ready and to wait. Then it never gets ready and I mean ever. I read the manual. There is supposed to be a menu after pressing enter on the phone option in the menu but there isn’t one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay, got you. My memory's a bit fuzzy but I do remember this being an issue on those cars. Now, I don't believe there's a reset button on those model radios but if there is, it is a small pin hole that you can stick a pen in to reset it. You will feel the button.

If this is not the case, next I would remove the stereo fuse under the driver side fuse panel for about 10 seconds. The panel will be near your left knee, while sitting. The fuse should be together with another fuse in a white or yellow plastic holder. The cover for the panel will help you identify which fuse works the radio/stereo. Pull both at the same time with the plastic.

Last, I recommend removing the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes on your vehicle. You will only need a 10 mm wrench for this which can be purchased at any hardware/tool store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, got you. My memory's a bit fuzzy but I do remember this being an issue on those cars. Now, I don't believe there's a reset button on those model radios but if there is, it is a small pin hole that you can stick a pen in to reset it. You will feel the button.

If this is not the case, next I would remove the stereo fuse under the driver side fuse panel for about 10 seconds. The panel will be near your left knee, while sitting. The fuse should be together with another fuse in a white or yellow plastic holder. The cover for the panel will help you identify which fuse works the radio/stereo. Pull both at the same time with the plastic.

Last, I recommend removing the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes on your vehicle. You will only need a 10 mm wrench for this which can be purchased at any hardware/tool store.
So we tried the battery thing and nothing changed. We tried to check the fuses but you can’t see if it’s blown. Wonder if it just isn’t compatible with IOS and iPhone. Will replace fuses just to try when I have a chance but the AUX cord works. But the USB doesn’t.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure you aren’t plugging the phone in to the usb outlet when trying to connect. It makes the system cranky. Sometimes mine freaks out and can’t figure out how to connect but I eventually get it going. It’s not really a great head unit. I’m looking to upgrade mine eventually to something with android auto compatibility. As far as your Apple device, my sister in law has a 2011 forte that works fine with her iPhone. Sorry you’re having so many issues!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts