Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the usual rumor regarding a turbo charged version, there really isn't any new info regarding 2012 Forte Koup out there. But, Hyundai is set to release a coupe version of its Elantra this Fall, most likely with the current 1.8L Nu engine. Note that 1.8L Nu engine is supposed to replace the 2.0L Beta engine currently found in Koup EX. So, it seems logical that the Koup EX will have this new 1.8L Nu engine.

The question is what will happen to the current SX engine, the older Theta II 2.4L? The new 2.4L Theta-II engine is GDI, which is found in new Sonata, produces 200hp. So, it seems logical that Kia will replace the current SX engine with this new one. Of course, we can only hope that Kia will introduce Koup SX Turbo with 2.0L Theta Turbo engine (producing 274hp) that is found is Sonata Turbo. I know we have been speculating this logical move here at the forum, but no one seems to know when this changeover will happen. 2012 maybe?

I am dying for any info on 2012 Kia Forte Koup, especially regarding whether engines will be replaced with these new generation ones.

Also, you guys think Elantra Coupe might eat into Forte Koup's EX sales?

2012 Hyundai Elantra Coupe Coming This Fall

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kia has been really mum on the future of the Koup, while Hyundai has been on a snowball affect with dishing out new vehicles.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I see the Veloster as more competition for the Koup market than the Elantra. Elantra's a big boring sedan just having 2 doors removed...

·
Registered
233 Posts
2012-13 Forte Sedan/Koup rumors I've heard:

-Turbo for SX model
-Complete redesign of interior/exterior
-Possibly dropping the "Forte" name in favor of the Kia naming scheme seen in S Korea (K5, K7 etc)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I see the Veloster as more competition for the Koup market than the Elantra. Elantra's a big boring sedan just having 2 doors removed...
The actual and previous Elantra were as boring as the Forte Sedan ...

And don't even try to compare a Koup to a Veloster...

And if i take your words back... your Koup is my sedan with 2 doors missing.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Dont forget our rear ends are diffrent.

·
Registered
641 Posts
And the Koup has more aggressive suspension.

And I don't have a Koup yet and am considering the Veloster as competition. Why do you say they should not be compared?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts