Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i talked to one of the technicians today at the Kia dealership and the 2012 Forte WILL have a turbo on it. He told me that they are doing the training for it soon. Cant wait to see what they do!!!!!:)

·
Registered
431 Posts
My hunch is it'll be a low pressure turbo probably around 5-7psi, with a 6 speed manual only and pushing about 230-250 bhp.

but then Kia has the power to surprise.. lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i was thinking

·
Registered
425 Posts
So i talked to one of the technicians today at the Kia dealership and the 2012 Forte WILL have a turbo on it. He told me that they are doing the training for it soon. Cant wait to see what they do!!!!!:)
:confused: Tech's would not be doing training on 2012 cars until 2011. They will be doing training on the 2011 Kia Optima SX with the 2.0L Turbo that is due on sale soon. Dealers are usually the last to know about product, they usually find out when the press does. I would not get to excited, if there will be a turbo Forte I am sure I will see it pop up it's head in the next 8 months around me. I saw 2 Forte 5 doors today at a local shopping center. Kia HQ cars, one had distributer plates on it. They were turning away from me so I could not get pics. Kia HQ is about a mile from where I work and I see cars all the time. In fact I saw a K7 turning onto Peters Canyon rd once.

·
Registered
973 Posts
It's a 1.6L direct injected engine with a small turbo pushing around 9 psi. Estimated power output is 200 hp, comes with either a 6 speed manual or automatic with paddle shifters, and gets 28/38 mpg.
weird I figured they'd use the 2.0 theta over the gamma any day, as they already have parts galore from the optima and gen coupe usage..
wish they'd come out wih rwd turbo forte, that'd be niiiice
then I could get a wrecked one and swap the drivetrain, because I'm definitely not trading this car in=]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tech said that they would be using the theta engine and to punk, the tech said that they are training, and will be practicing on the sonata because it will be the same set up.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
as cool as a turbo would be its would not be cost effective to trade in your 2010 this soon.. its like giving five grand away or throwing it out a window IMHO it would be smarter to just put the turbo kit on from turbo kits.com

·
Registered
316 Posts
does anyone have a legitimate source. I want to beleive that a turbo koup is coming but i know that if i went to my dealer and the guy putting me winter tires on told me that there wouldn't be a chance in hell i'd believe him.

·
Registered
708 Posts
it'll more thenn likely be a detuned sonata setup which is very good news.. however.. DI will be a PITA

·
Registered
432 Posts
as cool as a turbo would be its would not be cost effective to trade in your 2010 this soon.. its like giving five grand away or throwing it out a window IMHO it would be smarter to just put the turbo kit on from turbo kits.com
Buying a car is almost never cost effective!

I find myself living well with 173 ponies under the hood, no need for more...

·
Registered
708 Posts
if they release the type R with a turbo.. i will have a forte lol

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
The tech said that they would be using the theta engine and to punk, the tech said that they are training, and will be practicing on the sonata because it will be the same set up.
SXcuse13, we all want this to be true, but if they're using the "same set up" as the Sonata--and they're just training on the Optima Turbo NOW--there wouldn't be a lot of reason to train them on a car that's not coming out for a year with a powertrain that they'll already have experience on.

That tech's blowing smoke up your ass. Sorry. Either that or he's confused it with the Sportage Turbo (which has DEFINITELY been announced, and they'd be getting set to train on fairly soon).

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's nice that there's a turbo forte coming out but just think of the cost of one tho. It'll be well over 20k or 22k and just think of the maintaince or more bullshit to go wrong with valve leaks when it has some mileage down the road especially how these new cars have more and more computers on them and if u start playn with boost Bang or Pop goes the motor. Its fun but I'm more of simplicity and rather have a light car that's allmotor. Lol but that's just me. =0)

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think ill just stick with adding the turbo, even if it takes getting the dealer to install it, ill do it JUST to keep my warranty LOL

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
honestly we've all heard lots about turbo this year turbo next year turbo 2012..
IHHO I'm starting to wonder if kia is telling people to spread this rumor around? maybe not but seems to me every dealer has one or two guys working there all saying something about turbo fortes

I'd rather have the R package.. and maybe Just MAYBE will get lucky and kia will make a R X which would just add a turbo too the R goodies.. but I'm just dreaming out loud here i think.

in the mean time I'll just enjoy my koup :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
honestly we've all heard lots about turbo this year turbo next year turbo 2012..
IHHO I'm starting to wonder if kia is telling people to spread this rumor around? maybe not but seems to me every dealer has one or two guys working there all saying something about turbo fortes

I'd rather have the R package.. and maybe Just MAYBE will get lucky and kia will make a R X which would just add a turbo too the R goodies.. but I'm just dreaming out loud here i think.

in the mean time I'll just enjoy my koup :)
if they named it the RX model i'd chuckle a bit lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
LOL me Too I'd feel like I should ask for a small check each month ROFL

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.