Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Forte Koup Ex
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive got a 2014 Forte Koup shes undergone the knock recall leading to nothing but nightmares. Engine replaced at 47,000 miles and since then shes triggered into limp mode for a second time. Dealer is at a loss and from there own mouths KIA wants to just replace the engine again...anyone have any ideas what maybe the issue?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Hey guys, Ive got a 2014 Forte Koup shes undergone the knock recall leading to nothing but nightmares. Engine replaced at 47,000 miles and since then shes triggered into limp mode for a second time. Dealer is at a loss and from there own mouths KIA wants to just replace the engine again...anyone have any ideas what maybe the issue?
Just plain old bad luck...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Let them replace the engine on their dime. Be glad you're one of the lucky one's that get a free engine.

Can ask if Kia will give you another vehicle? Buy back/trade in?

If my 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2 gets the dreaded ticking grenade piston slap engine syndrome, I'm screwed & don't have thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is a programming issue. The knock sensor sensitivity needs to be adjusted. The dealer will probably install a new knock sensor first/ no charge to you. That may work

·
Registered
2014 Kia Forte Koup Ex
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update, KIA is now replacing the computer..after attempts at replaceing the knock sensor twice, and engine... hopefully this will be it , if not KIA has lost me as a customer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I doubt it will repair issue. I also believe they will have to get computer from Korea. So car will be down even longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts