Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Kia Forte Water Leak

My Kia is getting water damage all over the back seat bottom, and the lower half of the back of the seat where it meets the bottom. Me and my fiancé lifted the seat up and the foam is also soaked but we still couldn’t figure out why, The ceiling, doors, floors, back deck, all dry, the seat is the only thing with this damage . Thank you in advance for any tips you may have.
Car Fixture Automotive design Vehicle Tints and shades

Car Vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design Plant

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,773 Posts
Have you been leaving the car unlocked at night?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,773 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
This seems like a close hit. Water gets into the trunk and seeps onto the back seats, related to Forte GT2's post. Appears to be taillight is the culprit.
Kia Forte Questions - Water leaking? - CarGurus

From Forte GT2's link:
I had my local KIA dealer look at it and they discovered the backside of the left tail lamp assembly (the one fitted to the trunk lid, NOT the car body) had a hairline crack in it and was allowing water to enter & pool up in that tail lamp. When the trunk lid was lifted open, the water would then drain out of tail lamp assembly through the bulb socket, run down the trunk lid liner and exit through a small opening next to the left trunk lid arm, dripping water inside my trunk.
The dealer replaced my driver's side trunk mounted tail lamp assembly for FREE under warranty, which fixed my problem; no more water leakage.

Check the integrity of your tail lamp seal as well as look for cracks. Hoping it's something as simple as this.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
390 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
This seems like a close hit. Water gets into the trunk and seeps onto the back seats, related to Forte GT2's post. Appears to be taillight is the culprit.
Kia Forte Questions - Water leaking? - CarGurus

From Forte GT2's link:
I had my local KIA dealer look at it and they discovered the backside of the left tail lamp assembly (the one fitted to the trunk lid, NOT the car body) had a hairline crack in it and was allowing water to enter & pool up in that tail lamp. When the trunk lid was lifted open, the water would then drain out of tail lamp assembly through the bulb socket, run down the trunk lid liner and exit through a small opening next to the left trunk lid arm, dripping water inside my trunk.
The dealer replaced my driver's side trunk mounted tail lamp assembly for FREE under warranty, which fixed my problem; no more water leakage.

Check the integrity of your tail lamp seal as well as look for cracks. Hoping it's something as simple as this.
That's the one!

Sorry I could not elaborate more but responded quickly while mobile

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte GT2 Steel Grey
390 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.