Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking whip, man. Are those the OEM wheels or aftermarket? I like them!
Wheels are from FAST, named Ultimate; I went from a stock 16in. to a 17in. with a 3/4 in. wider offset …making the stance 1 1/2in. wider in total. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports which really aids in cornering abilities… a little bit of over kill but I enjoy cornering at high speeds on some really twisty roads in my area that are never patrolled by the 5-0 👮‍♂️. Stock 16in. aluminum wheels I use in the winter months with Pirelli winter sneakers. The trend right now is black wheels… I’m old school and still prefer the chrome/ black chrome look. Thanks for the complement, I love this car and maintain it well…wash weekly, clay bar twice yearly with a wax after clay bar.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,901 Posts
When you put the new wheels on what did you use for TMPS - Aftermarket or factory. Did you have to relearn the TPMS sensors or did the car pick them up automatically?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you put the new wheels on what did you use for TMPS - Aftermarket or factory. Did you have to relearn the TPMS sensors or did the car pick them up automatically?
I don’t have TPMS equipment on this car, never came with it; not sure if Canadian versions differ from U.S. version. I check my tire pressure manually weekly, keep my tire pressure at 33 psi as recommended on sill plate at bottom of drivers door.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,901 Posts
I don’t have TPMS equipment on this car, never came with it; not sure if Canadian versions differ from U.S. version. I check my tire pressure manually weekly, keep my tire pressure at 33 psi as recommended on sill plate at bottom of drivers door.
TPMS standard in U.S. - all new cars. LUCKY YOU!

Reactions: Chuzz

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wheels are from FAST, named Ultimate; I went from a stock 16in. to a 17in. with a 3/4 in. wider offset …making the stance 1 1/2in. wider in total. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports which really aids in cornering abilities… a little bit of over kill but I enjoy cornering at high speeds on some really twisty roads in my area that are never patrolled by the 5-0 👮‍♂️. Stock 16in. aluminum wheels I use in the winter months with Pirelli winter sneakers. The trend right now is black wheels… I’m old school and still prefer the chrome/ black chrome look. Thanks for the complement, I love this car and maintain it well…wash weekly, clay bar twice yearly with a wax after clay bar.
Nice. I like the pre-facelift 2nd generation a lot. Yours is beautiful. I agree, that especially on a black car, silver wheels are looking great. Well, perhaps your tires are overkill,but I noticed with my Pirelli PZero AS that handling improved a helluvalot. So while surely overkill for what I use the car, the better handling, sharper and more precise steering, as well as lower noise floor and even better comfort is, in my opinion, a cheap upgrade.

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Smooth1, where are the daytime running lights on your Canadian Forte?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Smooth1, where are the daytime running lights on your Canadian Forte?
I'm obviously not Smooth1. Canada Forte 2nd generation, OEM daytime running lights is dimmed hi-beams.
Frankly, I'd like to change that to have the DRL at the 'eyebrow' lights, but that proves to be rather complicated. I was not yet able to figure out, how the lower voltage is generated to light the hi-beams just enough not to blind anyone, then switch that to full voltage, and connect to the lightbar of the parking light.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm obviously not Smooth1. Canada Forte 2nd generation, OEM daytime running lights is dimmed hi-beams.
Frankly, I'd like to change that to have the DRL at the 'eyebrow' lights, but that proves to be rather complicated. I was not yet able to figure out, how the lower voltage is generated to light the hi-beams just enough not to blind anyone, then switch that to full voltage, and connect to the lightbar of the parking light.
I’d really like to have the accent(eyebrow) lights instead of the dimmed high beams, probably cost a kings ransom. My snowmobile has them… really cool look’n at night. I’ll post some pics when the snow fly’s.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I’d really like to have the accent(eyebrow) lights instead of the dimmed high beams, probably cost a kings ransom. My snowmobile has them… really cool look’n at night. I’ll post some pics when the snow fly’s.
Do you have brows? I do, but the problem is finding the module, which lowers the voltage for the DRL. Once you got this, the wiring change is a piece of cake. I do NOT want a half-baked solution, where the dimmed hi-beams keep running. Of course, I could disconnect the hi-beams altogether, but that's not a good idea imo.

I know for a fact, that DRL will go 'off' once you pull up your handbrake, but I've not been industrious enough to open that all up and disengage them, or reconnect to full power, when engine is on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts