Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I have a 2016 2.0 Forte5 that suffers from an intermittent rough idle.
I believer that it is electrical because it is intermittent.
Example. 2/12/21 I drove 13 miles and everything seemed fine.
The MVP reading was 42. When I came to a stop at home, within a minute the car
started idling very rough and the MVP reading was at 32.

Anyone that might be able to help with an answer or what correct scanner readings
should be, it would be greatly appreciated.
The car has 32K on it,But it won't act up at the dealer and I don't think that the tech
wants to go for a long test drive, I know it was a problem when I was a Mitsubishi tech
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone.
I have a 2016 2.0 Forte5 that suffers from an intermittent rough idle.
I believer that it is electrical because it is intermittent.
Example. 2/12/21 I drove 13 miles and everything seemed fine.
The MVP reading was 42. When I came to a stop at home, within a minute the car
started idling very rough and the MVP reading was at 32.

Anyone that might be able to help with an answer or what correct scanner readings
should be, it would be greatly appreciated.
The car has 32K on it,But it won't act up at the dealer and I don't think that the tech
wants to go for a long test drive, I know it was a problem when I was a Mitsubishi tech
Thanks everyone
Sorry but I meant the MAP sensor

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
My 2017 does the same thing sometimes, jerky idle. I took my intake manifold off and inspected the valves for the GDI-common carbon build up and they looked fine. The next thing I planned to do, but never got around too, was to inspect the spark plugs. I know Kia's recommended replacement interval is something like 100k or 112k miles (i think), but i do know that GDI engines run very rich purposely, and maybe my plugs got a bit gummed up. Im not sure if its just the placebo effect, or true, but it seems after ive beaten on the engine a little bit (highway pulls, burning off carbon), it hasnt done it since, that ive noticed anyways. May be worth looking at your plugs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is electrical, Last Friday , nothing for 13 miles, then in the driveway, it was like a switch was thrown and the rough idle came back.
I am talking to a Kia tech from ask a Mechanic, he wants me to clean the MAP sensor and throttle body.
If I were you I would try this as well.
My car is still under warranty but tech's don't want to spend the time searching

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have 2014 Kia Forte 1.8 gdi .. when I go to a red light or stop my idle drops down suddenly and my car gives me a really bad shake .. I changed the spark plugs put new battery it did not work and took the car to the mechanic they could not find any problem do you guys have any idea ?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
Hi I have 2014 Kia Forte 1.8 gdi .. when I go to a red light or stop my idle drops down suddenly and my car gives me a really bad shake .. I changed the spark plugs put new battery it did not work and took the car to the mechanic they could not find any problem do you guys have any idea ?
Dirty throttle body or IACV/ISCV (Idle air control valve/Idle speed control valve...whatever u wanna call it)? Could be dirty/defective MAF sensor (Mass airflow, located at/near/inside/on top of the air filter box...every car is different and ive never seen a 1.8 Kia GDI)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Dirty throttle body or IACV/ISCV (Idle air control valve/Idle speed control valve...whatever u wanna call it)? Could be dirty/defective MAF sensor (Mass airflow, located at/near/inside/on top of the air filter box...every car is different and ive never seen a 1.8 Kia GDI)
Everything he said, and additionally, EVAP system, stuck solenoid, could also be a vacuum leak, fuel pump and/or its regulator, clogged fuel injector, the list is actually really long. You may have a stored fault code (does not necessarily trigger a CEL).
And finally, the 1.8 is definitely MPI.

Cheers

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Everything he said, and additionally, EVAP system, stuck solenoid, could also be a vacuum leak, fuel pump and/or its regulator, clogged fuel injector, the list is actually really long. You may have a stored fault code (does not necessarily trigger a CEL).
And finally, the 1.8 is definitely MPI.

Cheers
My ride produces a low, rough idle after getting into the throttle hard, jackrabbit starts or driving hard. Although I turn the car off for 5-10 minutes and the low idle stumble is non existent when I restart. Strange to say the least!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts