Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a 2016 forte5 sx. The headlights are fogged over and there is a cricket in one.

I would like to change over to the smoked aftermarket headlights. They appear to be hid however do not have the led DRL.

Am I able to use non less are there any issues regarding connectors, computers, ECT that prohibit the conversion.

·
Administrator
586 Posts
Maybe the DRL function is done in a different way (dimmed highbeams)? If the connector is the same I think it'd be fine. Does the product description mention anything about DRL?

·
Administrator
586 Posts
All they say is not compatible with led. Issue is led ones are 700 dollars a set
Well if it says not compatible with LED, then I guess they don't have a different method for the DRL. You could contact the seller, maybe the only reason they say it's not compatible is because you'll lose any sort of DRL? It also may throw a CEL.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
The SX had the LED strip, as opposed to all other versions, and as a result an extra pin on the connector.
Nope, there is no DRL coded to it. I tried.
What some do is to rewire so that LED strip would light up when engine is on.

2016 SX did NOT have HID. Only 2015 model came with them as an option.
Next gen headlights do not fit.

As for HID in non-HID - mine was OK with replacing halogen with a 35 W HID kit. I did not have any issues, but keep in mind that may differ from set to set. I used slim ballast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts