Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 kia forte with a 1.8l engine, could i swap the engine to a 2.0l or are there easier ways to get more power.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte5 Lx, GDI
47 Posts
In these days and ages, the most economical, easiest, reliable, and safest way to make your vehicle more powerful is to sell it and buy a more powerful one. It is possible to swap the 2.0 into you car, anything is possible with modding if you have the resources and skills to execute it. You'll have to replace basically every module on the car with one made to work with the different engine (not to mention many other things required), it can probably be done, but the gains most likely simply won't be worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wou
In these days and ages, the most economical, easiest, reliable, and safest way to make your vehicle more powerful is to sell it and buy a more powerful one. It is possible to swap the 2.0 into you car, anything is possible with modding if you have the resources and skills to execute it. You'll have to replace basically every module on the car with one made to work with the different engine (not to mention many other things required), it can probably be done, but the gains most likely simply won't be worth it.
Would a turbo be better i cant find much info or resources on kia fortes

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wou

Would a turbo be better i cant find much info or resources on kia fortes
No, not at all. Best would be, to find a Forte 5 with the 1.6 Turbo Engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts