Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found other threads of people saying it probably can't be done, or it requires an amp but I have pictures of the back of the head unit and I think it should be a plug and play situation. If anyone has experience with this let me know, I think the only thing I'd have to replace is the plastic mount around the radio as the other unit is bigger.

OLD HEAD UNIT

NEW HEAD UNIT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, anything else? Also do you know the part number or where i can order the plastic cover panel that fits the new radio?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to know what the plastic cover panel's model number is that goes around the actual head unit. Sorta like this but the OEM one that fits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure here you go, i noticed it's taller and closer to the cd slot then the non nav unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Qk junk yard is about all I know to try... find the radio on ebay being sold by LKQ. Send them a message see if they will sell you the trim piece.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try that, the one from LKQ is the one I am trying to buy from already. I'll see what he says thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What does this bottom left white plug go to? It's not on the non nav unit but after research the hatchback I'm buying this from does use that plug, if I had to guess it's possibly for the microphone in the roof but it's not on the non nav unit so that can't be it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The pic I showed you is for a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Nav unit. You'll need to find one for the unit you have. I don't think they are the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pic I showed you is for a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Nav unit. You'll need to find one for the unit you have. I don't think they are the same.
I know I found mine and posted a link, if you click it it says what it does but I think it's for letting you know the door is open but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd assume it's to turn the unit on when the door opens. My girlfriend's 2016 Spark works like that. You just open the door and the infotainment system powers on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts