Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm doing the same thing next week. Junkyard down the street has the trim piece. Just waiting to buy it after making sure everything works. Also - will probably hack into the system and install waze. The GPS system runs on Android.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm doing the same thing next week. Junkyard down the street has the trim piece. Just waiting to buy it after making sure everything works. Also - will probably hack into the system and install waze. The GPS system runs on Android.
Same with me, I will get the radio tomorrow. hoping for the best

·
Registered
10 Posts
You got it working yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Things I need for this to work

Editing

Brackets - about $18

Control Module - somewhere around $50

USB cord to connect module to radio - $30

Trim Piece - $30

Right now it will power on and play music but the Nav has zero idea where I am.
I'm basically working off this page to see what I have and what I need -

I'm not paying those prices with junkyards across the country selling used parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found other threads of people saying it probably can't be done, or it requires an amp but I have pictures of the back of the head unit and I think it should be a plug and play situation. If anyone has experience with this let me know, I think the only thing I'd have to replace is the plastic mount around the radio as the other unit is bigger.

OLD HEAD UNIT

NEW HEAD UNIT
Hi, everyone im new so i have question. I have a kia forte sx 2016 simple Uvo system and i like to upgrade to navigation oem kia forte the questios is IS PLUG AND PLAY or and need to pin out.. and i need another cable to funtion well

Thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts