Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I might be buying a Forte soon. It'll be my first Kia Purchase.

I just had a quick question regarding the cruise control option available on '17 Forte Sedan LX.

From what I can tell looking online, the base model LX '17 Sedan doesn't come with cruise control on the steering wheel. I've read that getting the controls on the steering wheel requires the car to have the 'Popular' options package.

If I don't see the cruise control buttons directly on the steering wheel in dealer pictures, does this mean the car completely lacks cruise control? I hope not, I'd be buying this car for gas mileage & my work commute and really need that option.!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It looks like you can get cruise control if you specify both the automatic and the Popular package. You could have the dealer install aftermarket cruise control, but that will most likely cost around $500. It's better to just get the package for $900.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, if you don't see the buttons on the steering wheel, its doesn't have it. And I agree with the post above, much better to buy the package and get cruise from the factory instead of a dealer added system.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
410 Posts
factory cruise is always steering wheel mounted. The "Popular" package is certainly good value for the amount of stuff you get for $900 (US)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome!

I'm not sure if there are any available around you, but a couple months ago I picked up a leftover new '16 Forte5 EX for about what I would have paid for a '17 LX without options. Sure, it's a year older and I didn't get to pick the color or anything, but it's way, way more car than I could have gotten otherwise. However, if you're strictly going the economy route, there is a new base engine for '17 that delivers higher fuel economy, so that may be what you're going for, and the EX would have the more powerful engine instead. Something to think about anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question. Can I add cruise to my 2017 Forte with a manual transmission? Love the car. Just really miss the cruise for the highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts