Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Everyone-

We have a 2017 Kia Forte and this is the 4th time in 4 months that a headlight has blown out. Has anyone had this issue? I'm worried there is a short in the electrical system and i don't know if there is a fix.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Of course, if i go to the dealer, they will want to charge an arm and a leg to even look at the damned thing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes mine has done the same thing. I'm looking at switching to LEDs but am unsure how to do all that. I replaced mine 3 times and this final time I gave up. I have yet to replace them. It has been 6 months with no headlights.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Have you tried buying OEM Kia bulbs? Sometimes, aftermarket bulbs just don't last that long. It's worth a shot. A short would not cause a bulb to burn out. A bulb that's loose can vibrate and shorten life.

·
Super Moderator
228 Posts
What he said ^

Try OEM bulb (or a quality aftermarket) and ensure the bulb is seated correctly and tightly.

Do NOT touch the bulb glass with your fingers AT ALL. It can cause the bulb to fail prematurely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts