Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Everyone-

We have a 2017 Kia Forte and this is the 4th time in 4 months that a headlight has blown out. Has anyone had this issue? I'm worried there is a short in the electrical system and i don't know if there is a fix.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Of course, if i go to the dealer, they will want to charge an arm and a leg to even look at the damned thing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes mine has done the same thing. I'm looking at switching to LEDs but am unsure how to do all that. I replaced mine 3 times and this final time I gave up. I have yet to replace them. It has been 6 months with no headlights.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Have you tried buying OEM Kia bulbs? Sometimes, aftermarket bulbs just don't last that long. It's worth a shot. A short would not cause a bulb to burn out. A bulb that's loose can vibrate and shorten life.

·
Administrator
582 Posts
What he said ^

Try OEM bulb (or a quality aftermarket) and ensure the bulb is seated correctly and tightly.

Do NOT touch the bulb glass with your fingers AT ALL. It can cause the bulb to fail prematurely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2017 LX for 3 years now and never had an issue with the stock bulbs. I've also used Osram Night breakers and just recently switched to Lasfit LEDs. For those looking to go LED, just internet search Lasfit 2017 Kia Forte. They have a package available for purchase or you can just use it as a reference for what bulb sizes are needed. Currently in the process of swapping out all the bulbs for LED. So far so good. Pic attached: Lasfit LED versus Osram Nightbreaker halogen. Took some adjusting of the beam pattern but I eventually matched it up to stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.