Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,773 Posts
Keep us posted on how much oil you find after 1K miles.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
974 Posts
Good work! Wait, do N/A engines need a catch can?
It doesn't matter so much whether it's turbo or not but rather if it's port injected or direct injected. Port injected engines have gas passing over the intake valves, and the detergents in the gas keep them pretty much carbon free, while direct injection engines do not, since they direct gas directly into the cylinder. This causes carbon buildup on the backs of the intake valves that over time can cause all sorts of issues.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
795 Posts
It doesn't matter so much whether it's turbo or not but rather if it's port injected or direct injected. Port injected engines have gas passing over the intake valves, and the detergents in the gas keep them pretty much carbon free, while direct injection engines do not, since they direct gas directly into the cylinder. This causes carbon buildup on the backs of the intake valves that over time can cause all sorts of issues.
Ahh, thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize even the Kia N/A engines were direct injection.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,773 Posts
Ahh, thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize even the Kia N/A engines were direct injection.
I think some 2014-2018 EX models had the 2.0 GDI engine.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
974 Posts
Some were, others aren’t. The 3rd gen NA is port injected which is one of the reasons I got my FE over a GT. Some of the older 1.8 and 2.0 NA engines had available GDI.

Reactions: BlueStang and Arith

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Goes to show it is beneficial! Imagine that oil coating your intake valves and burning on them...😱

Reactions: BTCC
1 - 10 of 10 Posts