Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When parked it would randomly shake like it was going to shut off.. pretty violently too.. then it’d be good. The last few days it’s almost non stop shaking,but really no other symptoms. It’s going in Tuesday morning to be looked at..possible causes? I wanna prepare myself for sticker stock.. mileage is about 54k. No check engine light and no hesitation to start. Sometimes if stopped it’ll jerk? Oil/filter was replaced about 2k miles ago. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
306 Posts
You say it shakes violently. That concerns me. Did this happen suddenly or did it progressively increase? Did it occur after a visit to a gas station (water in the fuel)?

Another thought (hard to diagnose from this distance): Check the spark plug wires for looseness or cracking.

Clogged fuel filter? Failing fuel pump?

You can visit a major auto parts store (AutoZone in my area) and get a free computer scan. That's the first thing a tech will do. You can do this when you are buying the Techron

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not sure if it started after we went to the gas station. You’d be sitting there and it’s fine then it would shake so bad your heart would stop.. then it’d go back to normal. I was figuring the spark plugs or something to do with fuel not flowing correctly.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
306 Posts
Your car may still be under warranty. If it is, still get the Techron but go to the dealership.

If you are the original owner, most certainly you are still under the 10 year /100,000 mile powertrain warranty. I think (dangerous statement), subsequent owners get a 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,796 Posts
Did you scan or get the car scanned for codes? Just because the CEL light doesn't illuminate doesn't mean the computer won't identify a problem.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,796 Posts
I haven’t.. AutoZone had said with a previous car they only scan when the lights on?
Find another place with smarter people...

Seriously, these computers will also have PENDING codes. It will help diagnose the car.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
+1 on the Techron.
Did you notice the tach dropping when this happened? My guess is either injectors like has been stated but also could be dirty throttle body

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Our mechanic found nothing wrong and said we don’t need a tune up. So while we wait to call the dealer we’ll try the cleaner. So glad I found this forum.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
841 Posts
You don't live in an area with a high concentration of chipmunks or mice do you? If so, someone might want to take a look at the wiring harness. The rodents love the soy based insulation they wrap our wiring in nowadays.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You don't live in an area with a high concentration of chipmunks or mice do you? If so, someone might want to take a look at the wiring harness. The rodents love the soy based insulation they wrap our wiring in nowadays.
I haven’t seen any in this area.. car usually sits with my husband at work.. I’ll have to ask since it’s more of a “country” area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was it shaking when you took it to the shop?
Not sure.. My husband took it in.. normally it’ll only do it when parked..so if they took it straight it it may not have. Yesterday it didn’t do it too much when we were out and very little at Oreilly’s. To me. It almost feels like it’s coming from under the car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts