Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
847 Posts
Okay, then use the Techron Fuel System Cleaner and a bottle of Techron Fuel Injector cleaner through a couple of tanks of gas. If it's fuel related, you SHOULD notice a difference. Car with that few miles on it should not be doing that. I have 130,000 on my 2017 LX and have never had an issue like that. I use the Techron products every oil change. I change my oil every 10,000 miles and rotate the products every other oil change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Okay, then use the Techron Fuel System Cleaner and a bottle of Techron Fuel Injector cleaner through a couple of tanks of gas. If it's fuel related, you SHOULD notice a difference. Car with that few miles on it should not be doing that. I have 130,000 on my 2017 LX and have never had an issue like that. I use the Techron products every oil change. I change my oil every 10,000 miles and rotate the products every other oil change.
I’ll try both.. The mechanic was trying to say it’s from the AC.. which we’ve only used maybe 5 times since we bought it in March of 2021.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,006 Posts
Get someone to check all of your motor mounts and transmission mounts too and make sure something isn't broken.
Or worn. Worn motor mounts will cause excess vibration

Reactions: Chuzz

·
Registered
32 Posts
With my old car (a Mazda) it violently shook one day and then stalled. I then had many cases of it shutting off at the lights if I didn't keep the engine revving (probably everyone else at the lights thought I was trying to race them).

Turns out it was a failing fuel pump that was the problem. It might be an area to focus on if the cleaner doesn't work

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,006 Posts
With my old car (a Mazda) it violently shook one day and then stalled. I then had many cases of it shutting off at the lights if I didn't keep the engine revving (probably everyone else at the lights thought I was trying to race them).

Turns out it was a failing fuel pump that was the problem. It might be an area to focus on if the cleaner doesn't work
I’d add injectors to that list. Hence why everyone is recommending the fuel system cleaner. Also clogged fuel filter could do that too

Reactions: Chuzz and seifer

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,853 Posts
A friends friends hubby is a master mechanic so she asked.. he said the Idle Air Control.
I'm not aware of an Idle Air Control valve on Kia Fortes. The throttle body controls the idle.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,006 Posts
Yeah that would be classis IAC problem... except the Forte doesn't have an IAC valve. Everything is done with the electronic throttle body like ForteGT2 said

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,853 Posts
I have no idea lol I’m just going off what he said,but I looked up the throttle symptoms and it’s dead on. With the jerking bucking
Maybe the throttle body just needs cleaning?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts