Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Forte S that can, at times, be extremely road crazy. I have checked the sway bars and bushings and everything looks fine. But sometimes when I hit a small bump or even just a little change in pavement type. It's like the energy from the suspension builds up to a point it can't handle it anymore and the car bucks to one side or another. Its pretty scary at times on the highway in traffic. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, what was the fix?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Two questions:

1. How fast are you driving?

2. Where do you live with such rough roads (so I can avoid the area...:))?

Reactions: tc0566

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 2017 S and mine definitely had the same issue, I've looked into this issue before and it seems like something to do with either tires or suspension. My money is more on suspension. One thing I saw a couple of times was adding evillas rear torsion bar, said to help immensely with the twitchy rear end. Personally I haven't installed it myself because I haven't had the chance of getting one but I hear it works wonders. If your tires are newer and you have no qualms with installing aftermarket parts, I would definitely consider this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts