Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently needed to replace my factory installed side mirrors because of one of them missing the mirror from hitting a trash can too close to the road. I opted for a upgrade with the turn signals. Has anyone replaced their factory installed standard side mirrors with the ones with the turn signals. Was hoping that maybe it is wired for them, just not hooked up to the plug in the door. If this has already been asked, I'm sorry. Did a search with no luck. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I have no experience with the second gen fortes: It would be easy to take a look at your car's wiring - just remove a mirror's cover on the inside and take a look for the wire connector. If it's there then you should be good-to-go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no experience with the second gen fortes: It would be easy to take a look at your car's wiring - just remove a mirror's cover on the inside and take a look for the wire connector. If it's there then you should be good-to-go.
Do I look in the mirror or the door? The mirror is already wired the the signal lights. I have installed then but the signal do not come on.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Sorry I missed the part that you had already installed the mirrors and the signals do not work. I would have thought that having the wiring in place would have given you turn signals.

When you remove the inside door cover can you check how many pins are in the wiring connector of the door connector and how many pins are in the mirror connector?

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
163 Posts
You might need to have it programmed for that. I know on my Volvo you can install everything needed for heated seats, but it won’t work until the computer is told that it has that functionality. A quick reflash at the dealer, and it’ll work just fine. Maybe that’s also the case for the Fortes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I missed the part that you had aIl ready installed the mirrors and the signals do not work. I would have thought that having the wiring in place would have given you turn signals.

When you remove the inside door cover can you check how many pins are in the wiring connector of the door connector and how many pins are in the mirror connector?
It is alright. I will take a look at it in the morning when it is a little cooler. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might need to have it programmed for that. I know on my Volvo you can install everything needed for heated seats, but it won’t work until the computer is told that it has that functionality. A quick reflash at the dealer, and it’ll work just fine. Maybe that’s also the case for the Fortes.
I will have to check into that. luckily there is a Kia dealer near by. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts