Kia Forte Forum banner

141 - 160 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I called them as well. They said the same thing. Im in FLA.
This could be the box for the Veloster Turbo II (2018-up). There isn't much risk in trying, the plugs are all the same and it's lowest settings are 2-3 psi over stock.

DTE, GAN, RaceChip all pretty much the same. The GAN was on sale ($547 US shipped) with bluetooth. I would have gotten one of these already but I am testing fuel. If you can gain power with better fuel and thus far that is a yes, then power will be higher once plug-in one of these boxes.

I don't think 50+whp out of ones these things is far-fetched at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This could be the box for the Veloster Turbo II (2018-up). There isn't much risk in trying, the plugs are all the same and it's lowest settings are 2-3 psi over stock.

DTE, GAN, RaceChip all pretty much the same. The GAN was on sale ($547 US shipped) with bluetooth. I would have gotten one of these already but I am testing fuel. If you can gain power with better fuel and thus far that is a yes, then power will be higher once plug-in one of these boxes.

I don't think 50+whp out of ones these things is far-fetched at all.
I asked Race Chip if the Veloster II chip would work for the Forte GT and they said it would so I ended up going with the GTS chip with bluetooth. Had it for maybe 2 months now. Definitely a ton of fun. It comes with 7 different levels that you can change via the phone app. I have only played around with 1 - 5 so far. Living in Southern California, I can only easily get 91 octane so will have to wait for level 7 for when I buy some octane booster. The GTS also comes with 1 free re-programming so if I buy a new car (or they come out with a dedicated Forte GT tune) I can get that tune for free which is cool. I upgraded the plugs to HKS-M40XL and haven't had any issues. Waiting to install my oil catch can before I go to level 6 or 7 with the Race Chip.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I asked Race Chip if the Veloster II chip would work for the Forte GT and they said it would so I ended up going with the GTS chip with bluetooth. Had it for maybe 2 months now. Definitely a ton of fun. It comes with 7 different levels that you can change via the phone app. I have only played around with 1 - 5 so far. Living in Southern California, I can only easily get 91 octane so will have to wait for level 7 for when I buy some octane booster. The GTS also comes with 1 free re-programming so if I buy a new car (or they come out with a dedicated Forte GT tune) I can get that tune for free which is cool. I upgraded the plugs to HKS-M40XL and haven't had any issues. Waiting to install my oil catch can before I go to level 6 or 7 with the Race Chip.
You shouldn't need new plugs. The only reason they keep recommending new plugs because the stock heat range is too hot for pump gas with Tork, 845, Sixth, etc want to add some timing, lean the fuel out and add a 1-2 of boost for their tunes.

When you have superior fuel, stock plugs, stock gap and stock heat range is fine. 3rd dyno test is tomorrow with fuel.

There will be at least two-three more test.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello fellow humans,

For anyone contemplating Race Chip or interested in additional power whilst keeping your warranty, this video is a must watch.

I already have one and would really vouch for this. Basically a completely different car when installed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got that email on 7/2/2020. Awesome its working perfectly for ya. Post some pics of it.
Yeah, I've had it in for about 8 months now. Also pulled it out few months back for my 10k Service and now plugged back in. No issues whatsoever. But now it's almost as though I can't drive the car normally without it, haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Yeah, I've had it in for about 8 months now. Also pulled it out few months back for my 10k Service and now plugged back in. No issues whatsoever. But now it's almost as though I can't drive the car normally without it, haha.
Awesome. Plan on getting the Racechip XLR pedal tuning box?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome. Plan on getting the Racechip XLR pedal tuning box?
Nah, no chance. I quite like the feeling of the car / drive right now. That being said, I haven't tried one before but seems like a waste of money, would rather spend the money on other mods that actually do something versus change the "feeling".

I'm skeptical of the power gains but this was quite impressive given the down pipe is not being changed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello fellow humans,

For anyone contemplating Race Chip or interested in additional power whilst keeping your warranty, this video is a must watch.

I already have one and would really vouch for this. Basically a completely different car when installed
That is two people that have the RaceChip GTS. As much as I want to do more, fundamentals have to come first.
The e-mail reply back: View attachment 80332

I can wait.
[/QUOTE
Pedal control boxes IMHO will work better with automatic transmission cars.

There is typically a slight delay. Usually with reaction times at the strip, especially in heads up with a .400 tree.

Otherwise it's not needed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Nah, no chance. I quite like the feeling of the car / drive right now. That being said, I haven't tried one before but seems like a waste of money, would rather spend the money on other mods that actually do something versus change the "feeling".

I'm skeptical of the power gains but this was quite impressive given the down pipe is not being changed.
I believe the pedal tuning box is more than "feel". "Your engine’s performance isn’t affected by RaceChip XLR, but you can access it more immediately and directly" . That's from Racechip site and i also read the same on DTE site. I know one of the guys here have a product similar to these. I believe it could play a part in utilizing the car's performance better than without. I really dunno though. I have seen this video, i wasn't impressed with the cost in the comments.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
That is two people that have the RaceChip GTS. As much as I want to do more, fundamentals have to come first.

There is typically a slight delay. Usually with reaction times at the strip, especially in heads up with a .400 tree.

I have the automatic GT was only option within 300 mile range when my Jeep was totaled by a drunk driver and I was looking for new car while my 5.0 project is in the works. So i couldn't wait the 2 months or more they told me for a manual transmission. So the pedal box could be something for me???.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

1100$ is their cost.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #157

Think he got the RS by the pictures. GTS for some reason is advertised by its actually the RS they get???

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the automatic GT was only option within 300 mile range when my Jeep was totaled by a drunk driver and I was looking for new car while my 5.0 project is in the works. So i couldn't wait the 2 months or more they told me for a manual transmission. So the pedal box could be something for me???.
If you drag race, then I would say go for it. My friend had a VW Golf R, he would complete 11.5 index class. He would be a tick behind because the Golf 4 has a bit of delay from mashing the pedal to when the car reacts. He would lose races that way since it was heads with a .400 Pro Tree.

Otherwise like I said you likely won't need it and a more touchy pedal might lead to more wheel spin. Spinning isn't winning.

·
Registered
72 Posts
More power is available with higher octane fuel. E20 added 6whp and 13 ft of torque to my car stock tune. Ignition advance was over 13 degrees. Keep that in mind, with a couple of gallons of E85 mixed with pump gas would allow the more aggressive settings to be used, max on the RaceChip, Sport 7 and Drive mode 5.

DTE reports higher horsepower with e blends and their higher settings.

You can tune the Burger Tuning JB4 for E30 using the optional fuel wire (connect to your stock wide band o2 sensor) as you can datalog with it and make adjustments.

I'm going with the JB4 it also controls water methanol injection, boost by gear for manuals and launch control for automatics. I also going to add a wrinkle to it

141 - 160 of 203 Posts