Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forget to tell ppl this. I got my first oil change Friday at the dealership since my work schedule is crazy hours. (4k miles purchased in Nov.) and was told/recieved a BCM update. For those that do thier own service or go somewhere else but the dealership I recommend giving them a call and ask about your vehicle.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the paperwork in my glove box. Ill look at it in more detail, I just put it in the glove went on with the rest of the day. I did ask the techs at dealership why the BCM needed updated they where not very much inclined to answer why. Just gave me a answer of it needed it going by the vin number ect.... I was in my shop uniform they did ask why i wasn't getting it serviced at my location. Lol. I said because warranty, the dealership will be doing the services to this car, and this obviously. Lol. I did grill them after the service because on my service order billing print out it has 5w-20 not the 5w-30. They had to verify with the tech to make sure that was put in. Lol. Ill post a picture on my lunch break.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
25 Posts
Took my GT in last Wednesday for it's second oil change and no updates were done on either oil change. Not sure my production date, however one thing I find annoying is how much they wanted to charge me for a fuel treatment. $100 is excessive for a fuel injector cleaner being poured into my gas tank if that's all it is. The service writer wouldn't tell me exactly what it was so I declined and bought one on my way home for $8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took my GT in last Wednesday for it's second oil change and no updates were done on either oil change. Not sure my production date, however one thing I find annoying is how much they wanted to charge me for a fuel treatment. $100 is excessive for a fuel injector cleaner being poured into my gas tank if that's all it is. The service writer wouldn't tell me exactly what it was so I declined and bought one on my way home for $8.
You should only need the fuel treatment if you do not use Top Tier gasoline. If you get gas from the major stations you probably don’t have to bother with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just as a side-note, I got this done about a couple weeks ago and it dramatically improved the IVT shifting response. Especially in smart mode, the rpm was always pretty laggy to drop after the next gear -- now it is way more responsive. It makes the car feel better to drive in general. I was surprised how noticeable it is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do we know how recent this IVT update is? I got my LXS back mid August this year and they didn’t do an update on my first oil change. I’m about to get my next one, but i wasn’t planning on doing it at the dealership after they messed up something separate during the last one. I don’t know the production date and idk if they thought/remembered to update anything like that before I bought it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do we know how recent this IVT update is? I got my LXS back mid August this year and they didn’t do an update on my first oil change. I’m about to get my next one, but i wasn’t planning on doing it at the dealership after they messed up something separate during the last one. I don’t know the production date and idk if they thought/remembered to update anything like that before I bought it.
I scheduled my 15k service online through Kia connect and it came up as an option to have it done for free of course. Otherwise I wouldn’t have known. It definitely is an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone I will have my response if I have a 2021 Forte ex this week or not(curently owner of a 2016 Forte Ex with the 2.0l GDI gamma,just read about the cvt,and Im worry a little.please hepl me to stress down a little

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone I will have my response if I have a 2021 Forte ex this week or not(curently owner of a 2016 Forte Ex with the 2.0l GDI gamma,just read about the cvt,and Im worry a little.please hepl me to stress down a little
Kia has a 5 year warranty in Canada. Sure, Kia is new to CVT’s, but that gave them the opportunity to learn from the failures of other manufacturers and improve on the design. I have a 2020 Forte EX Premium and so far haven’t had any issues. However, if something were to happen, it’s completely covered by their warranty which is also longer than other manufacturers like Honda and Toyota (at least in Canada). I hope you get the new car - you’re going to love it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kia has a 5 year warranty in Canada. Sure, Kia is new to CVT’s, but that gave them the opportunity to learn from the failures of other manufacturers and improve on the design. I have a 2020 Forte EX Premium and so far haven’t had any issues. However, if something were to happen, it’s completely covered by their warranty which is also longer than other manufacturers like Honda and Toyota (at least in Canada). I hope you get the new car - you’re going to love it!
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Technically it uses an ivt. Because it doesn't need the torque converter to simulate gears and gear ratios, it should be less prone to failure than a conventional CVT. That isn't to say it's perfect, it's just a better technology than ,say, Nissan's CVT implementation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts