Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you have a link to the adapter? Or to a different LED bulb for high beams that maybe doesn't require the adapter?
Thanks.
All h7 will require an adapter as of my understanding i don't know why kia do this to us but any way here is the link of adapter
#Aliexpress US $0.70 25%OFF | VODOOL 2Pcs H7 Car LED Headlight Bulb Base Holder Adapter Retainer For Hyundai Sonata/Nissan Qashqai/Kia Sportage K3 K4 Sorento

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
All h7 will require an adapter as of my understanding i don't know why kia do this to us but any way here is the link of adapter
#Aliexpress US $0.70 25%OFF | VODOOL 2Pcs H7 Car LED Headlight Bulb Base Holder Adapter Retainer For Hyundai Sonata/Nissan Qashqai/Kia Sportage K3 K4 Sorento

Thanks, but I'm in the US and don't really want to wait a month for delivery. Wondering if there are any on Amazon that would work? These look slightly different, but list the same vehicle models as being compatible: https://www.amazon.com/HUIQIAODS-Headlight-Retainers-Generation-Mitsubishi/dp/B07M6XNZ67/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=h7+led+adapter+kia+forte&qid=1583840611&s=automotive&sr=1-6

What do you think?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, but I'm in the US and don't really want to wait a month for delivery. Wondering if there are any on Amazon that would work? These look slightly different, but list the same vehicle models as being compatible: https://www.amazon.com/HUIQIAODS-Headlight-Retainers-Generation-Mitsubishi/dp/B07M6XNZ67/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=h7+led+adapter+kia+forte&qid=1583840611&s=automotive&sr=1-6

What do you think?
The one you sent will do the trick but its much harder to install you will need to attach it to bulb in order to get it installed you can't control it from the adapter only from the bulb but the one i sent you have extra piece that allow you to control it from the adapter also the i sent you will make your life easier

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone with true fog lights replace with LED? I have a 2020 Forte GT-line, which has true fog lights (as opposed to the DRL's which the OP has on his FE). Just wondering what the procedure is to access them, and if either of these will fit:

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Headlight-8000Lumens-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B06XHDW23Q/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=9006+led&qid=1583849456&sr=8-6

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone with true fog lights replace with LED? I have a 2020 Forte GT-line, which has true fog lights (as opposed to the DRL's which the OP has on his FE). Just wondering what the procedure is to access them, and if either of these will fit:

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Headlight-8000Lumens-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B06XHDW23Q/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=9006+led&qid=1583849456&sr=8-6

I didn't know that you you have gt trim i know that it comes with led and no need for change headlight cuz you can't change and for the fog light i think any bulb can fit easily no issue the only way to change is from bottom you have to remove the plastic cover the replace the bulbs

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't know that you you have gt trim i know that it comes with led and no need for change headlight cuz you can't change and for the fog light i think any bulb can fit easily no issue the only way to change is from bottom you have to remove the plastic cover the replace the bulbs

I have the GT-line trim, not the GT. Mine doesn’t have LED headlights. The only LEDs are the DRLs surrounding the low beams.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the GT-line trim, not the GT. Mine doesn’t have LED headlights. The only LEDs are the DRLs surrounding the low beams.
I don't know about that mine is like photo attached

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm certain that my GT-line has halogen headlights. Only the DRLs are LED. You can lookup the specs online. You'll see that LED headlights are an optional upgrade for the GT-line (which mine doesn't have).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I would love to help but i can only advice regarding the headlight in the photo i have no idea about any other different headlight.
Sorry for not being able to help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I would love to help but i can only advice regarding the headlight in the photo i have no idea about any other different headlight.
Sorry for not being able to help

Oh, no worries, man! You DID help. I'm going to replace both the low and high beams with the Katana LEDs from amazon. And I ordered the high beam adapter you suggested for an easier installation.

I think I've decided to just leave the stock halogen fog lights, at least for now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first car in a long time that didn't come with HID lights, and I hated the yellow that the halogens produced. So I wanted to swap to LEDs, but when I researched it, it seems there are a LOT of bad LEDs out there. Focal length, LED position, LED diode shape are all important to produce good lighting that isn't worse than what the original halogens put out. It took me a lot of research on other car forums to find a good LED bulb to use in our Forte, but I found them. Here is a pic showing one headlight swapped: View attachment 79421
View attachment 79422
View attachment 79423
View attachment 79424
View attachment 79425
View attachment 79426

Biggest issue with the install is getting the bulbs to "click" and lock fully in place. The hole for bulb access is small and positioned oddly. In the pics I don't think it was clicked all the way in. Judging by the beam pattern it looks like the bulb needs to rotate another couple more degrees, but I can't get enough grip or leverage on it without taking the headlight out. But for now, it's fine the way it is. The headlights look great, and are quite a bit brighter than the stock halogen bulbs as you can see in the pics.
Will these work on the 2020 Kia Forte GT line?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Finally got a chance to pull one of the LED's I installed & measure it. Here are the dimensions posted on the same pic Yossry used, note that the bulbs I used have a cable which runs to a ballast, which then connects to the car's connector. Measured with a dial caliper. To be clear again, this is not the actual bulb or model #, just using the pic. Measurements are in inches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The one you sent will do the trick but its much harder to install you will need to attach it to bulb in order to get it installed you can't control it from the adapter only from the bulb but the one i sent you have extra piece that allow you to control it from the adapter also the i sent you will make your life easier

How did you get these adapters to fit on the H7 led? When I try to install them under the led collar, I can't get the collar to re-attach to the led post because the adapter is 1-2mm too tall.

Also, how did you get the led power supply block to fit inside the protected area behind the dust cover? I could not make it fit no matter what I tried. Or did you just leave the dust cover off of the high beams?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts