Kia Forte Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey eengert, so will i need the h7 adapter to install the 9005 led in the low beams? i also have the same gt line trim.
No, h7 isn't an adapter. 9005 and h7 are two different bulb housing types. The h7 is for high-beam on our cars, and 9005/HB3 is for low-beam.

The 9005 doesn't require any special adapters - it should be plug 'n play. The h7 does require a special adapter in our cars. I had trouble getting add-on adapters to work (others have had success), so I spent a bit extra for these, which come with the adapter already built-in: Lasfit Pro Series H7.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I’m still throwing a code with lasfit 1156 bulbs any ideas?
If you install non-resister equipped LED bulbs the computer will not detect the correct wattage and you get the code. I found this out trying LED replacements in my fog lights to get rid of the yellow (I ended up going to Silverstar Ultra white halogens). You have to use a resister if you want to go with non-resister-equipped LEDs - but the resister will get hot and you have to make sure to locate it away from any plastics!

LED Resistor Kit (pair) (diodedynamics.com)

·
Registered
5 Posts
SCCA - Finally got a chance to look into this a little more. There's a shop manual online for the Forte which says you have to completely pull the entire headlamp assembly in order to just change the BULBS:

Kia Forte: Head Lamps Removal - Lighting System - Body Electrical System - Kia Forte TD 2014-2018 Service Manual

That's not TOOOO bad, but you have to remove the entire front bumper cover to do it! Ridiculous, gotta wonder who DESIGNED this setup... I was able to get both bulbs out on the passenger side, but it looks nearly impossible to get to the driver's side low beams without either removing the headlamp assy as described, or maybe pulling the fuse panel which sits right behind the low beam cover. See pics.

Also, do the replacements recommended in this post simply twist back into place & attach to existing connectors as the halogens do? Thanks for any further info/suggestions!

Driver's side low beam w/fuse panel right behind:
View attachment 79449

Passenger side low beam:
View attachment 79450

Passenger side low beam halogen bulb:
View attachment 79452
What lights did you end up getting?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts