Kia Forte Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I called them as well. They said the same thing. Im in FLA.
This could be the box for the Veloster Turbo II (2018-up). There isn't much risk in trying, the plugs are all the same and it's lowest settings are 2-3 psi over stock.

DTE, GAN, RaceChip all pretty much the same. The GAN was on sale ($547 US shipped) with bluetooth. I would have gotten one of these already but I am testing fuel. If you can gain power with better fuel and thus far that is a yes, then power will be higher once plug-in one of these boxes.

I don't think 50+whp out of ones these things is far-fetched at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This could be the box for the Veloster Turbo II (2018-up). There isn't much risk in trying, the plugs are all the same and it's lowest settings are 2-3 psi over stock.

DTE, GAN, RaceChip all pretty much the same. The GAN was on sale ($547 US shipped) with bluetooth. I would have gotten one of these already but I am testing fuel. If you can gain power with better fuel and thus far that is a yes, then power will be higher once plug-in one of these boxes.

I don't think 50+whp out of ones these things is far-fetched at all.
I asked Race Chip if the Veloster II chip would work for the Forte GT and they said it would so I ended up going with the GTS chip with bluetooth. Had it for maybe 2 months now. Definitely a ton of fun. It comes with 7 different levels that you can change via the phone app. I have only played around with 1 - 5 so far. Living in Southern California, I can only easily get 91 octane so will have to wait for level 7 for when I buy some octane booster. The GTS also comes with 1 free re-programming so if I buy a new car (or they come out with a dedicated Forte GT tune) I can get that tune for free which is cool. I upgraded the plugs to HKS-M40XL and haven't had any issues. Waiting to install my oil catch can before I go to level 6 or 7 with the Race Chip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I asked Race Chip if the Veloster II chip would work for the Forte GT and they said it would so I ended up going with the GTS chip with bluetooth. Had it for maybe 2 months now. Definitely a ton of fun. It comes with 7 different levels that you can change via the phone app. I have only played around with 1 - 5 so far. Living in Southern California, I can only easily get 91 octane so will have to wait for level 7 for when I buy some octane booster. The GTS also comes with 1 free re-programming so if I buy a new car (or they come out with a dedicated Forte GT tune) I can get that tune for free which is cool. I upgraded the plugs to HKS-M40XL and haven't had any issues. Waiting to install my oil catch can before I go to level 6 or 7 with the Race Chip.
You shouldn't need new plugs. The only reason they keep recommending new plugs because the stock heat range is too hot for pump gas with Tork, 845, Sixth, etc want to add some timing, lean the fuel out and add a 1-2 of boost for their tunes.

When you have superior fuel, stock plugs, stock gap and stock heat range is fine. 3rd dyno test is tomorrow with fuel.

There will be at least two-three more test.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts