Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I see several topics looking for things for our GTs and non GTs. Ive decided to make a one stop topic for links and discussions for Mods and Performance Upgrades. ?. Ill have links posted shortly. ?.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Since we share the same Eninge/under the hood set up as the 2020 veloster 1.6t we can look up stuff for it to help us find stuff online.

For GT owners: Facebook Groups

MSD!

·
Registered
28 Posts
These are some great resources. I wonder if K&N will eventually have an intake system for the GT, for some reason they have one for the 2020 2.0 liter engine but not the 1.6 turbo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone installed the above referenced Injen intake on their 2020 Forte GT yet? A little hesitant to buy without hearing that it is a 100% fit. I understand it's the same engine, but want to ensure fitment is right in other places as well in the engine bay.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Has anyone installed the above referenced Injen intake on their 2020 Forte GT yet? A little hesitant to buy without hearing that it is a 100% fit. I understand it's the same engine, but want to ensure fitment is right in other places as well in the engine bay.
Dont do it if it's the one the has the air filter just sitting under the hood. Not a true cold air intake. I posted it above because most companies will give you both options. Fitment should be exactly the same/ around the same that fitment of that will fit ez.

Veloster 1.6t ^

Forte GT.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dont do it if it's the one the has the air filter just sitting under the hood. Not a true cold air intake. I posted it above because most companies will give you both options. Fitment should be exactly the same/ around the same that fitment of that will fit ez.
View attachment 79674
Veloster 1.6t ^

View attachment 79676
Forte GT.
Definitely missed the aFe listing above. Even if the intake piping had no problem since it's the same engine, don't you think the air box that holds the filter and brings the air in from the front of the vehicle would be slightly different on the Forte vs. Veloster?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely missed the aFe listing above. Even if the intake piping had no problem since it's the same engine, don't you think the air box that holds the filter and brings the air in from the front of the vehicle would be slightly different on the Forte vs. Veloster?
The AFE would be my choice just not worth the price. Shouldn't be any difference. Should be the same part numbers from the dealership.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
32 Posts
Went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased the aFe. Used a coupon code for 10% off so got it for $366 after tax. Will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys,

I just got this car a few weeks ago and used this thread to find an intake. I purchased and installed the aFe 56-10005R (open top) intake and it fits perfectly. I just wanted to let you all know. It also is "supposed to" seal to the hood when you close it to keep out the warm underhood air. You can hear the turbo spool under load and has a decently loud intake noise.

Thanks,

BM

1 - 20 of 294 Posts