Kia Forte Forum banner

281 - 294 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That might be true, but whatever gain you got was lost by removing the top cover of the air box. Of course the Takeda intake with the open top is by design.
Thank you for helping me understand my dilemma! I was wondering why my car goes backwards after installing this OPEN intake! AFE claims you gain 14 HP with this intake, however I estimate with all that hot under-hood air it reduces the HP by 200-230 HP - THAT EXPLAINS WHY THE CAR GOES BACKWARDS NOW! Do you think if I install a 250 HP nitrous kit it will start going forward again?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know of any upcoming Black Friday/ Cyber Monday deals coming out? I am really looking into the aFe CAI, the Respons BPV (and MAC BPV solenoid upgrade), The Big Mouth Ram intake, and a Race Chip.

Speaking of Race Chip, Is there a difference between RaceChip GTS, GTE Power Control X, or the GAN GT Chip?
Has anyone been able to get an oil catch can to fit with an aftermarket CAI? I saw that the SXTH didn't fit properly, Are there any other solutions to catch cans?

Any info would be appreciated, Thank you all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #283 (Edited)
Does anyone know of any upcoming Black Friday/ Cyber Monday deals coming out? I am really looking into the aFe CAI, the Respons BPV (and MAC BPV solenoid upgrade), The Big Mouth Ram intake, and a Race Chip.

Speaking of Race Chip, Is there a difference between RaceChip GTS, GTE Power Control X, or the GAN GT Chip?
Has anyone been able to get an oil catch can to fit with an aftermarket CAI? I saw that the SXTH didn't fit properly, Are there any other solutions to catch cans?

Bookmark them all and keep checking them. Some will have deals. Also check out JB4 a awesome product. You can always find another location for mounting the SXTH catch can, fab a mount is a option. I would go with SXTH for bov, mac, and catch can amazing company with quality. Racechip still possible on sale. JB4 will be ur best piggyback unit just because has more features and support more addons like water meth integration than Racechip. Both in my opinion great products. Just depends on how you want to go with ur car. I have the Afe closed intake with velossa big mouth. Also check out SXTH hot pipe upgrade. SXTH had a sale on ECU tuning if thats a route you wanted to go with. Highly recommend if u use a piggyback unit to replace ur spark plugs to colder HKS M45XL. Get them from KDMTUNERS. Some ppl had done regap of factory plugs as well and say it works also. Personal choice aswell. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bookmark them all and keep checking them. Some will have deals. Also check out JB4 a awesome product. You can always find another location for mounting the SXTH catch can, fab a mount is a option. I would go with SXTH for bov, mac, and catch can amazing company with quality. Racechip still possible on sale. JB4 will be ur best piggyback unit just because has more features and support more addons like water meth integration than Racechip. Both in my opinion great products. Just depends on how you want to go with ur car. I have the Afe closed intake with velossa big mouth. Also check out SXTH hot pipe upgrade. Highly recommend if u use a piggyback unit to replace ur spark plugs to colder HKS M45XL. Get them from KDMTUNERS. Some ppl had done regap of factory plugs as well and say it works also. Personal choice aswell. Hope this helps.
I did see that you had the bumboola BOV before, which BOV did you get from SXTH/ Which would you recommend?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Yes boomba is also a option. Yes i "had" the boomba. Not saying boomba is bad stuff because i know alot of ppl using their products with no issues for years. I had a issue with one that stuck open after a week of use. It happens even with quality products. Their customer service was awesome. I have nothing bad to say about them. I currently have no aftermarket BOV. SXTH will be my next one though just because how its made for my opinion better fitment.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I was bored tonight and just went thru all 15 pages. My GT with GT2 Pkg is all stock and I have the DSG auto. I just checked and it appears the RaceChip GTS with APP is 25% off with code listed on the Panda website for a black Friday sale. I am gonna watch the video posted here tomorrow but will probably order it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a consensus on a upgrade path for the 20 Forte GT?

takeda cai, JB4, water/meth. Were there any exhaust packages that were producing proven gains?

Did anyone get noticeable gains from the takeda cai?

It seems like there are not very many examples out there for upgrade paths. I would be excited if I could get to 300hp within a reasonable budget.

I'm am considering doing the JB4 first and running an E85 tune, with upgrade plugs. Possibly adding the cai while it is on sale.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Is there a consensus on a upgrade path for the 20 Forte GT?

takeda cai, JB4, water/meth. Were there any exhaust packages that were producing proven gains?

Did anyone get noticeable gains from the takeda cai?

It seems like there are not very many examples out there for upgrade paths. I would be excited if I could get to 300hp within a reasonable budget.

I'm am considering doing the JB4 first and running an E85 tune, with upgrade plugs. Possibly adding the cai while it is on sale.
JB4 with M45XL plugs, takeda intake paired with velossa ram air, SXTH down pipe, intercooler hot pipe, exhaust will not produce much at all. Burger Motorsports water/meth kit, will do the most. 250whp is max for this turbo. Safe will be 230whp-245whp which is close to the 300hp mark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JB4 with M45XL plugs, takeda intake paired with velossa ram air, SXTH down pipe, intercooler hot pipe, exhaust will not produce much at all. Burger Motorsports water/meth kit, will do the most. 250whp is max for this turbo. Safe will be 230whp-245whp which is close to the 300hp mark.
What would be the best approach in order?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
What would be the best approach in order?
In order going for Piggyback 300hp set up: JB4 with M45xl plugs, takeda with velossa, SXTH hot pipe, have some fun with the car for a bit, and next the major upgrades SXTH down pipe and JB4 water/meth kit. This would be my order for piggyback 300hp set up. I also recommend doing a lower motor mount upgrade to eliminate wheel hop and vibration. MSD ignition coils also if u want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In order going for Piggyback 300hp set up: JB4 with M45xl plugs, takeda with velossa, SXTH hot pipe, have some fun with the car for a bit, and next the major upgrades SXTH down pipe and JB4 water/meth kit. This would be my order for piggyback 300hp set up. I also recommend doing a lower motor mount upgrade to eliminate wheel hop and vibration. MSD ignition coils also if u want.
I think I will go with that. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
569 Posts
And bingo was his namo....

281 - 294 of 294 Posts