Kia Forte Forum banner

321 - 340 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
but the stock hose clamps are round for some reason. I used a set of extractors for rounded bolts to get them off.
The round "bolts" are covers - remove the covers with a flat screwdriver and the bolts come off with 8MM sockets.
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG

I jacked up the car with a hydraulic jack where the owners' manual tells you to and put wheel ramps under the front tires and then let the car back down on the wheel ramps. Car is too low to drive up the ramps. That gave me enough room to R&R the hot pipe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The round "bolts" are covers - remove the covers with a flat screwdriver and the bolts come off with 8MM sockets.
HAHA Nice! Well whatever they were they would not come off no matter what I tried. I thought they were caps initially so I attempted to take them off as you said but I got nowhere with that. But it doesnt matter now because it is already done. But now I know for if I have to remove any other ones. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sounds great. The nipple on the BOV is movable. Adjustable for spring tension im not sure nor do I think i need to mess with it. Its a solid well built piece.
Does it vent only to the atmosphere or does it split the release to atmosphere and recirculate?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quick question about JB4. The highest octane i have in my city is 92. I am unable to find 93 anywhere. Can I still run Map 2 with 92 octane or should I stick to Map 1 until I can get 93?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Quick question about JB4. The highest octane i have in my city is 92. I am unable to find 93 anywhere. Can I still run Map 2 with 92 octane or should I stick to Map 1 until I can get 93?
I believe you we would be fine to run map 2 with 92 octane. Run map 1 for now and email them or use the live chat on thier site.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Nice job! I'm contemplating fabricating a clamp of some sort even though the pipe is not bouncing around - just for peace of mind.

Next will have to be the larger SXTH intercooler...one day...:cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Nice job! I'm contemplating fabricating a clamp of some sort even though the pipe is not bouncing around - just for peace of mind.

Next will have to be the larger SXTH intercooler...one day...:cool:
Look into the Wagner FMIC. Though I like the SXTH products, but SXTH intercooler is not plug and play it requires their short ram intake. For me it wouldn't work because i have the AFE intake.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
321 - 340 of 368 Posts